Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dumped before V-day...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Long time no see guys and girls! I feel rude but I need to come here and get things off my chest. I hope you don't mind listening to me whine for bit!?!

Ok back round info....
Been dumped today (about hour or so ago) and feeling ok, I had been seeing this woman for 6 months or so, although we weren't bf/gf.

I work with this woman also and I've spent money/time picking her gifts for tomorrow, little angel in a heart necklace and flowers and a funny mug.... don't worry I don't feel like a mug! I can't decide how i feel about everything now!

I need to be cheered up as I think I'm gonna hurt over this for while. Do I stop all contact now? She wanted a break but i think its over fully!

What a nightmare!!!!:( :(

Comments

• Options
    i wouldn't say you need to stop contact - seems a little harsh. just see what she's like and go by that. plus if you don't make contact it'll seem like you don't care. seeing each other for 6 months and buying gifts? sounds like you were going out to me!

hope you feel better soon - my friend finished with her bf of 3 years on valentines day...
  • Options
    6 months eh. Thats August! :chin:

Hmm that aside. You can't stop all contact with her, you work with her. Like i said before your love life (or lack of :p) confuses me so i probably can't give you much help. Ummmm just leave her alone for a bit?
  • Options
    My single remaining grandparent died on valentines day when I was 12.
  • Options
    Join the club mate, ive just broke up with my gf of nearly 3 years.
    Sucks dont it.
  • Options
    Give her a bit of space. She might just be a little confused. Valentine's day can do that to people. There's so much pressure to enjoy yourself and to spend it with the one that you love, that sometimes people just get panicky and need to get away from everything. Without any more details, I don't really feel that I can offer much more in the way of guidance.

I hope that you feel better soon. If all else fails, spend an hour watching morons make fools of themselves on YouTube.
  • Options
    that happened me about 7 months ago, wasnt exactly seeing the girl as bf/gf but we may have well been. we did the bf/gf things and spent loads of time with each other. I fucked up and she ended up not being friends with me I took it bad but got over it. then in late november she got in contact with me we're now going steady and have forgotten about the past. you never know how it will work out. I didnt see it coming as she took it bad. I'm sure your feeling shitty but if its meant to be it will work out. tomorrow will suck but remember valentines day is a load of shit
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    6 months eh. Thats August! :chin:

Hmm that aside. You can't stop all contact with her, you work with her. Like i said before your love life (or lack of :p) confuses me so i probably can't give you much help. Ummmm just leave her alone for a bit?

Well she said it was 6 months! I mean stop contact outside of work. It fucks me off that everyone at work now knows we are....were together and I'm going to have to tell them now that we over, plus she's done it before V-day. Its all so sudden as well.... She could have waited a week or so surely!!

I'm not sure if I should try win her back? If I do nothing then that seems like I don't care...?!! Keep thinking its only Sunday that she decided she wanted a break/it to be over!

Cheer lucifer devil & I'm sorry to hear that MrG!!
  • Options
    Lol for someone that wasn't your gf you do seem awfully keen on being with her.

How about you grow up and stop fuckin about? All this we were only shaggin and weren't together is primary school stuff. Your like 23 now, it's about time you stopped acting like a kid. She probably got fed up of you fuckin her about.

And like i've said before, you need to cast your net wider than work. You seem to spend half your time at work trying to get into peoples knickers, no wonder people will talk about you. You are the office bike :p
  • Options
    Maybe she did it before V day so that she looked less like a bitch. Imagine how much you'd be slating her if she took all your pressies and then ditched you!
  • Options
    plus she's done it before V-day. Its all so sudden as well.... She could have waited a week or so surely!!

I thought like that - I messed up on 29th dec and my bf decided he wanted to go on a break the next day. I just kept thinking how could he break up with me the day before NYE?!

I was more gutted about that than the fact he'd split up with me! Silly really.

Anyway sorry to hear your girlfriend dumped you, just try and keep in my valentines day is rubbish anyway and there are lots of newly-single people out there, all feeling like shit :)
  • Options
    alasia wrote: »
    I thought like that - I messed up on 29th dec and my bf decided he wanted to go on a break the next day. I just kept thinking how could he break up with me the day before NYE?!

To be honest that sounds like he was just using that particular incident as an excuse to get rid of you. You don't just stop liking someone that suddenly, tends to build up then first chance you get you get rid.

Or maybe thats just me :p
  • Options
    Loopi wrote: »
    Maybe she did it before V day so that she looked less like a bitch. Imagine how much you'd be slating her if she took all your pressies and then ditched you!

True I can see your point.... But sadly the gifts are being sent to work and she'll have to open them...Thought I was being smart at the time lol.

I guess the chances of me getting her back are slim!

Lacy - Reason we weren't together is she had been with a guy for 10 years and didn't want a relationship. That's why she has ended it with me as we were getting into being the bf/gf. She 1st told me she wanted a break and to cool things off....I pushed for more details as I needed to know how things would be long term.

She didn't have the answers and kept saying she likes me still. Looking back at the txts we've had it seems that we are now over....She said she has no regrets and is sorry.

She asked me if I liked my V-day gift and I haven't replied to her yet. I'm not sure if i should just leave it or not!?
  • Options
    Lol then i can understand why she did it.
  • Options

Anyway sorry to hear your girlfriend dumped you, just try and keep in my valentines day is rubbish anyway and there are lots of newly-single people out there, all feeling like shit :)

I'm sorry that happened to you!! And thank you....Yeah I'm so not fan of Valentines day now!!!
  • Options

not wanting to jump the op's thread, but that would depend on how you "messed up"
  • Options
    O_o wrote: »
    not wanting to jump the op's thread, but that would depend on how you "messed up"

Nah I don't mind the thread being jumped. I need shit to take my mind off it!!
  • Options
    Ohh...I have several threads detailing my sorry story - I cocked up in a big way...got very insecure and decided to gain back some control (from stuff that had happened in the first few months of the relationship) by hitting my bf during arguments - not all the time, but it happened enough to really affect him. We'd been arguing a lot too because we were both insecure, he was inconsiderate and I took what he said the wrong way half the time; and then on 29th December I slapped him when he was at work (he's a bus driver and was on a break in the depot at the time).

So...all completely reprehensible and I totally deserve being broken up with.

It had been coming for a while - in fact 2 days before that he'd said he couldn't take the arguments anymore and was moving out, then we kind of made up the next day and I fucked it up again!
  • Options
    Hello Harmless :wave:
  • Options
    ETA - Sorry. <3
  • Options
    lacy and harmless, do you know eachother off the boards or something?!
  • Options
    lacy and harmless, do you know eachother off the boards or something?!

Lol lets not even go there :p
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Lol lets not even go there :p

Lol yeah lets bypass that bit!

Hello Randomgirl! Hope your well!?

Well had e-mail with the woman in question today which says....

"Have a good day off tomorrow. If you want to call or text for any reason then do.

I have to say that I am really sad about everything but it was because I like you so much that I've done this. I know that must sound a bit backwards but that's the only way I can explain it.

I miss you terribly and am incredibly sorry. I know you must have spent a fortune on my gifts, so I'm sorry for that too. I love the necklace so much."

I sent good e-mail back...well had 4 pints at lunch so thought It was good at the time, perhaps not now!! Fuckin woman make life so hard sometimes! :yeees: :impissed:

Can't work out if its over or not!