Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Telling someone you like them on Valentines!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello everyone,

So I like a girl (yep another one of these!) I was thinking about telling her how I feel but I cant do it face to face because she is away at uni so I was thinking about sending her some flowers or something on valentines day, should I decide to do this? Would it make the next time we meet or speak difficult, how would you feel if someone sent you some flowers on valentines declaring they like you more than a friend?

Comments

• Options
    I personally wouldn't, a bit heavy I'd say.

How about a card with a nice poem and a question mark?
  • Options
    I would love to get flowers!

Better than a poem.. a poem would make me want to throw up! :p
  • Options
    Aye, you can't generalise. I'd hate to get flowers like that, but I know loads of girls who'd totally love it.

Depends on the lady in question :yes:
  • Options
    I think most girls love flowers off a bloke that they like. But that isn't the same as getting them off a friend with the message that they like you more than that. I've always considered it a bad idea to just tell someone you like them, rather than actually making a move or asking them out. Even if she did like you too, it might put quite a bit of pressure on her if she comes home and you're kinda expecting to have a relationship rather than it just happening. It depends. If there's a history there, and you've pulled each other before, but then you never got to take it further because she went to uni, then it could work. Otherwise, I'd say just wait until you're together again to bother about it. Maybe you could just happen to call on valentines day, and if she likes you, it'd keep her thinking and guessing whether you like her too until you see each other again (i.e. did he just happen to call on valentines day? Does that mean he might like me? etc). Just say, "Oh, and happy valentines day" just before you hang up. That should keep her sweet until you see her again.
  • Options
    Hello everyone,

So I like a girl (yep another one of these!) I was thinking about telling her how I feel but I cant do it face to face because she is away at uni so I was thinking about sending her some flowers or something on valentines day, should I decide to do this? Would it make the next time we meet or speak difficult, how would you feel if someone sent you some flowers on valentines declaring they like you more than a friend?

I'm in two minds. Part of me says you should just go for it. If someone did that for me, it would make my day and it would make me feel really special. Even if I wasn't interested in them romantically, I would appreciate it.

However I've been in the situation where a friend came out and said he liked me as more than a friend and we don't really speak anymore. It just depends how you do it.

Do you have any signals at all that she is interested? Is she single?
  • Options
    I'd play it by ear, if you're quite confident she'll say yeah then maybe think about flowers.

I still say a card and poem would be fine though, if only because it's easier to make a joke out of if she knocks you back :nervous:
  • Options
    If she's away at uni she may be old enough that she'll think flowers from some guy back home is a bit cheesy. Just my gut feeling...
  • Options
    Nice thought, but I do think sending flowers is a bit too much. A card maybe.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't, a bit heavy I'd say.

How about a card with a nice poem and a question mark?

:yes:

Roses are red,
    Violetes are blue
    I like it up the shitter
    How about you?
    :flirt:

Works every time, trust me.