Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Problems with my phone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just brought a motorola Razr (about 3 months ago) and recently been having loads of trouble with it. Most of the time its fine for around the first 20 mins of a conversation but then people complain that they cant hear me properly. I had a conversation yesterday where I was literally shouting down the phone to my friend and she couldn't hear a thing. I've checked to make sure the signal and everything is fine and even rung off so I could ring again and see if that helps. It's always my end thats the problem which suggests that there is something wrong with my phone. I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. Is this fixable do you think or should I get a new phone? (I'm on pay as you go if that makes a difference) Thanks everyone x

Comments

• Options
    If you bought it new they have a years guarentee so take it back to the shop and they will send it off to be mended for you. I used to have a razr and it was shit, i should have learned my lesson from my motorola i had before it because that was equally shit! They are always bobbing up anf stuff going wrong with them.
  • Options
    Theres your problem :thumb:

Agreed. I despise Motorolas, especially the Razr. Everyone I know who has owned one has got rid of it or is looking to. There are some people on here who sing their praises though.

I'm sure if you take it back to the shop - or to your networks shop (O2, Orange etc - sorry can't remember if you mentioned what network it was on) they should be willing to fix it, since you've had it such a short while.
  • Options
    What dose everyone have against Motorolas?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    What dose everyone have against Motorolas?

Because they are actually rubbish!

I've had two different models and my boyfriend has had two, although one was the same as one of mine and they all had something wrong with them. My v620 or whatever it was back in the day (well a couple of years ago) would only work on loudspeak, that was so not cool in public places!
  • Options
    ruby_soho wrote: »
    Because they are actually rubbish!

Definetly.

My boyfriend Razr is ridiculous. It gets signal NOWHERE, and when he's talking on it, his voice goes quieter and louder all of a sudden, for no apparent reasoning. I borrowed it for a day when my battery had died and I needed my phone, and I actually got to the point of frustration with it that I wanted to snap it. His mum's/dad's/brothers Razr's were all the same.

My three best mates have had Motorola's too, and various other people I know, I can't think what they all were though, but not Razr's and all different. Those were/are equally as bad.

My dad's extremely old school Motorola (we're talking 1998 sized phones) wasn't the best either! It turned itself off constantly.
  • Options
    my motorola razr is a bit rubbish too, always freezing and losing service. But after saturday night and drunkenly dropping it down a toilet it has got worse :rolleyes: and the camera on them is absolute shite too!!
  • Options
    Yeah would definately agree that motorola phones are pretty rubbish. I'll send it off to be fixed and hopefully that might cure sume of its problems. Definately wouldn't recommend motorolas though. Thanks for that everyone
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I have never had any problems with my motorolas and my razr is quite a good wee phone. I've had it over a year now and there is nowt wrong with it. Never freezes or loses service, always been fine.

I'd take it back. It sounds faulty.
  • Options
    I have never had any problems with my motorolas and my razr is quite a good wee phone. I've had it over a year now and there is nowt wrong with it. Never freezes or loses service, always been fine.

I'd take it back. It sounds faulty.

You must be lucky...everyone I know with the same phone have had all these problems.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    good_shoes wrote: »
    You must be lucky...everyone I know with the same phone have had all these problems.

*shrugs*

I treat my phone well, use it regularly, and have never had any issue. I like my phone very muchly. Also because it is blue and not many people have the blue v3.
  • Options
    We've got 4 at home (so we all have the same chargers). Other than the one my brother broke by treading on it when it was open and breaking the spine, we've had no problems what soever. They hold their charge brilliantly, seem to pick up signal well, and I certainly have really long conversations on mine fairly frequently.

That said we look after them pretty well.
  • Options
    My SLVR has just started randomly turning itself off from time to time. And it buzzes... I do look after my phone pretty well, suprisingly.
  • Options
    i've got a purple v3i and never had a problem :)