Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Rubbish :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It is raining, and in about half an hour I have to walk to town, get a bus to Freeport, and then walk another mile(ish) to work. It is 2 miles from my house to town, and I have to walk because I am poor and I have a total of 15p in my purse.

Who wants to come give me a lift :(? Anyone? No?

Poo :(

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I would if I had a car. Or lived close.

So soz.
  • Options
    I would, but its a bit far, and a bit Essex.
  • Options
    Well, you two are rubbish then aren't you :grump: :p
  • Options
    Get a cab then do a runner. I kid of course
  • Options
    I would consider it if it wasn't for the fact that the cab drivers in Braintree are scary bastards :|.

All is saved, though. Have got a lift from my stepdad :D. Which also means I get another hour and a quarter (ish) before I have to leave. Yay!
  • Options
    i feel your pain on this one. tomorrow is suposed to be snow all day long and i have a nice half mile up hill walk from the bus stop to my office. lucky me.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    A mile from Freeport to McDonalds? Franki, you are such a lier! :p It's like, 5-10 minutes depending on how fast you walk!

However, yeah, your house is Infinity from town.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote: »
    A mile from Freeport to McDonalds? Franki, you are such a lier! :p It's like, 5-10 minutes depending on how fast you walk!

:lol:

Didn't you used to cycle to work? Just a idea...
  • Options

Obviously you walk fast :grump:. Takes me 10-15 minutes, which is how long it takes me to (get this) WALK A MILE.

Stace - I have cycled to work before, however the reason I didn't want to walk was 'cause it was raining. I would have happily walked otherwise, god knows I need the exercise.
  • Options
    I can walk a mile in about the same time because its 6 miles to town (when I'm at home) and I can walk it in 90 minutes. I think its cuz we have long legs :D

However, my friend who is 5'11" says I walk too quickly yet my legs are shorter than hers :confused:

My friends call me a 'power walker'
  • Options
    I get annoyed when people walk slowly, because I physically cannot do it. Although annoyingly, I can't walk uberfast either. So I can never keep up with Rich 'cause he's like SPEEDWALKSPEEDWALK.

The annoying thing about my house > town is that it is not only two miles, it is two miles UPHILL. It suckssssssssss. :(
  • Options
    Same here. I physically can't do it.

FINALLY, someone who understands.

My friends always think I'm walking off in a grump :(
  • Options
    Aye. They're like "why are you walking so fast?" and it's like NO, I'm NOT walking fast, YOU are walking SLOWLY.

It always bugs me when I can't get past slow walking people as well, I always end up going left and right and left and right until I can find a space to get past them before I stand on the backs of their feet.
  • Options
    Yep. Like me.

I had to do walk past chavs yesterday and I heard them making remarks :(

They were just walking too slowwwwlllyyy though.
  • Options
    Yeh, I know. It's even worse when I leave college and there's slow walking people for most of the way up the hill and it's like FOR FUCK'S SAKE SOME OF US HAVE A BUS TO CATCH YOU ARSEHOLES.

*ahem*
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    It always bugs me when I can't get past slow walking people as well, I always end up going left and right and left and right until I can find a space to get past them before I stand on the backs of their feet.

I hate this as well. And the fact that there are some people who walk right in the middle of the pavement so I have to walk on the road to get past them. Some old man did this earlier and it was raining.:grump:
  • Options
    Slow walking people are pretty much as annoying as those old farts who block the entire isle in tesco.

I DON'T WANT TO STAND HERE FOREVER. I have what I want, do let me fucking past to the till before I smash a pot of marmite over your fucking head.

Don't put your studid cunting trolley across the whole ilse. And if you take 15 items to the ten items or less checkout, I WILL kill you.
  • Options
    I DON'T WANT TO STAND HERE FOREVER. I have what I want, do let me fucking past to the till before I smash a pot of marmite over your fucking head.

Don't put your studid cunting trolley across the whole ilse. And if you take 15 items to the ten items or less checkout, I WILL kill you.

:lol: Your as bad as me. I cant stand the supermarket for those very reasons.
  • Options
    :lol: Your as bad as me. I cant stand the supermarket for those very reasons.

Let's start an armed group dedicated to culling these people.

It'd make shopping at least 50% less stressful. The greater good and all.