Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

weird

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Without going into details, me and my boyfriend had sex. When it was over and he climaxed I burst into tears. I have no idea why this happened and nor does he. Anyone done anything similar or am I a freak of nature?

Comments

• Options
    Oh oh I saw this question on this creepy talk sex show. She old woman was saying that some people laugh, some people cry, some people sleep... It is not weird or anything, its just the after effect or whatever... I'll see if they had an article on it...

Here we be
    Some women have lovely small ripple orgasms, others have massive orgasms. There are women who have one orgasm after the other as long as the stimulation continues; for others, one is quite enough for them. There is no normal, all are unique. A few women may have singleton orgasms with one partner and multiple orgasms with another partner. Some women experience a headache after orgasm; some start to cry and some start to laugh; this is simply a release of pent-up sexual tension. These reactions quickly pass and you bathe in the afterglow. Be honest about it. Every once in a while, you will have a cataclysmic orgasm. He will know it ? he'll have the bruises to show for it. There are no rules when it comes to orgasms.
    http://www.talksexwithsue.com/femaleorgasm.html
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    Oh oh I saw this question on this creepy talk sex show. She old woman was saying that some people laugh, some people cry, some people sleep... It is not weird or anything, its just the after effect or whatever... I'll see if they had an article on it...

Mmm but it's not like I do it everytime. It's not a normal reaction for me at all.
  • Options
    It's happened to me before on the odd occasion, usually when drunk as a skunk or in an otherwise "tired and emotional" state.

That aside, sometimes some of us just feel a bit weepy and especially in situations where emotions are involved and - let's face it - you're pretty vulnerable. As long as it's not happening everytime and/or related to your boyfriend climaxing then I wouldn't worry too much sweetpea :)
  • Options
    Thanks, you're really good at advice did I mention! I think it was because I was tired and emotional. It just seemed so strange because usually when I cry there's a build up (wobbly bottom lip!) but this was just instant tears.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    Thanks, you're really good at advice did I mention! I think it was because I was tired and emotional. It just seemed so strange because usually when I cry there's a build up (wobbly bottom lip!) but this was just instant tears.

Aw, yeah well sometimes you don't get the warning before the floodgates open I guess.

Did you even feel sad when you actually started to cry? Sometimes the old waterworks are a release in the most basic sense of the word; and aren't even related to any particular emotion or problem or anything like that.

As long as you're feeling your usual happy self now, that's what matters :)
  • Options
    Not really to be honest but I really hope I'm getting there. Felt a bit sad during the day but there were no feelings of that during the deed or anything.
  • Options
    You'd best get there! It's different for everyone, but sex is definitely a time of heightened emotions so I'm not entirely surprised - you're not a big ole freak in my view, anyway... or if you are, then so am I (debatable!).

If you ever need to have a natter you know where I am petal :)
  • Options
    Thank you, that's honestly helped :)
  • Options
    I can completely identify with this, it happened to me last night!

What started me off was us losing the KY jelly... floods of tears. And then again when he said in a sarcastic voice that I looked really attractive with bloodshot eyes!

I think my upset was mainly as I had been crying earlier for a totally different reason and it was one of those laugh or cry situations, so I cried! :blush:
  • Options
    I have never openly bawled my eyes out after sex. Not sober anyway. Occassionally in the past i've felt emotional but thats usually a build up of things that have gone on in the day.
  • Options
    this is clearly a girl thing
  • Options
    I have felt like crying all day - for absolutely no reason worth crying over, just several little ones I don't like. So I did, luckily before sex or I imagine he'd be extremely worried.

I used to cry after sex with my previous bf all the time, and it wasn't even like I orgasmed. Just felt like it.