Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Second bank account

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do I need to open up anew account with a different bank? I don't have any utility bills and I don't really wanna give them any old bank statements.

Comments

• Options
    Passport? Driving licence?
  • Options
    Is just one thing with our photo on ok, not sure where my passport is. Drivers licence, I'll take that, guess I'll need somethin with proof of address?
  • Options
    It'll vary from bank to bank, you'll need a couple of things to prove your identity and your address.
  • Options
    I opened mine with Natwest online. But I think it was made easier because I already have an account with them, I don't know if you could do it otherwise.
  • Options
    i think you need two things for ID and two things to prove your address. guess it depends on the bank tho'
  • Options
    Most banks require one form of id for yourself (passport, drivers license etc) and one form of address ID (utility bill, old bank statement or Voters Roll Search).

If i were you I would find your passport and use that for your ID and your drivers license for the address.

If you are registered on the electol roll use this with your driving license.

Lookup each banks individual requirements on their web sites..