Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

In need of a moan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just been so tired this week.

I keep waking up fairly early for me, but then just being really knackered all day and having zero energy. Even walking up the stairs makes me want to sit and have a nap for ages (and I have been doing most afternoons).

It's probably cos I've been a bit under the weather and feeling depressed. But it just really annoyed me cos I'd just desided to start a routine of going for a little walk everyday and the day after my first one I was just too shattered to move. :(

Can't be bothered to talk either which means I've not been able to tell anyone about feeling down.

And I keep waking with tummy pains in the night which has made me worry that the fatigue is a sinister sign that my old health problems are creeping back. But I think I'm just paranoid and it's just random pains.

Argh! Just feel like a plugs been pulled and sucked out all my energy. :crying:

Not really a point to this thread, just needed a whine.

Comments

• Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    And I keep waking with tummy pains in the night which has made me worry that the fatigue is a sinister sign that my old health problems are creeping back. But I think I'm just paranoid and it's just random pains.

probably best to get it checked out and get yourself down the gp. - he could probably also give you some happy pills as well to help with how you are feeling if you are depressed.
  • Options
    otter wrote: »
    happy pills

:banghead:

i do agree though, the doctors wouldn't be a bad idea. best to be safe and all that jazz :)

all i can say relating to the other stuff is that it will get better. hang on in there.

take care of yourself please :)
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    :banghead:

... don't get it?!
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies.

I've been to the doctor about the feeling depressed several times because it's gone on for ages (well since I was 14 so I guess 5 years now :eek: ) but they've just either told me to get on with it or sent me to counsellors every time.
    None of the counselling really helped; and I saw one psychiatrist that was absolutly useless.

I did see a psychotherapist in the summer which was very helpful for a while. But things have just gone down hill again.
    I don't think my doctor will give me meds though... they seem dead against them (maybe my ages or something?) But I'm sick of going to see them about it now cos they never really listen.
    The last time I went was in December after another real low... they just gave me the phone number of the young people counsellor that I saw 2 years ago because the waiting lists for other help are so long. After that appointment I was in tears because I'd made so much of an effort to go and try and explain how I was feeling... I just felt like I'd let myself down because I didn't get across how bad I was and that it's affecting my life quite a lot; and I just always get the impression they'd rather not see you, which made me feel crap. I actually walked across town crying to go to the counselling place but when I got there it was closed. :( And I haven't been back because I just.. I dunno. It's just to hard to do.

I have thought about changing GP practise. But I don't know if it would help, or how to go about it anyway.

As for the tummy pains... They're something I have to live with now and again and there's not really anything they can do about it unless they get really unbareable; so there's no point going to the doctors about them. They're just worse at the moment... Probably because I'm feeling down actually.

Sorry for whinging on. It really helps to know someone will take the time to listen though, so thanks.
  • Options
    most gp's are a bunch of c*nts anyway.
    but don't ever allow yourself to make the mistake of thinking someone else can save you / help you. end of the day you've got to try to help yourself. dunno. may be do something nice for yourself. might help you to feel a bit better for a while. then repeat. - couldn't do any harm really could it?!!
  • Options
    Yeah, I know it's true. No magic wand and whatnot. Just really difficult to pull yourself out of it and keep supporting yourself. I'm sure I'll get there eventually. :yeees:
  • Options
    After I had had glandular fever, my energy levels totally dropped, in turn making me feel really low, so I can empathise with you there - it sucks.

Have you tried going on a walk again since? When I was coming off my anti-depressants, I started to exercise regularly, and it really helped. To this day, a 20 minute workout makes me feel better than anything else (not including sex ;) )

Out of interest, what are your eating habits like? How many times a day do you eat? My energy levels often used to crash at different times during the day, and I started to eat smaller portions, but more often - 6 times a day - with low GI foods, and I found that since my insulin doesn't spike and crash, my energy levels remain more stable. That may help?

Because you're experiencing physical symptoms, I'd still recommend you get that checked out anyway.
  • Options
    Hey Lu_C,

First of all *hugs*

I'd just like to say that i can sort of relate to your situation. I'm also 19 and have been feeling depressed for as long as i can remember. Its only recently however, that I've tried to do anything about it.

Not all GP's are sensitive to depression. And are even less sensitive (in my opinion) when you are quite young. However, not all GP's are the same, and i think it's finding one that is right for you. If you aren't happy with your GP, ring up and ask to speak to a different one at the surgery. If you feel that none of them are listening, register with a different surgery altogether. All you have to do is walk in and ask to register with a doctor.

As for them not giving you meds because of your age, i think that if you get the right one, they will. I'm on antidepressents, so I know that some will.

Take care sweetie
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    After I had had glandular fever, my energy levels totally dropped, in turn making me feel really low, so I can empathise with you there - it sucks.

Have you tried going on a walk again since? When I was coming off my anti-depressants, I started to exercise regularly, and it really helped. To this day, a 20 minute workout makes me feel better than anything else (not including sex ;) )

Out of interest, what are your eating habits like? How many times a day do you eat? My energy levels often used to crash at different times during the day, and I started to eat smaller portions, but more often - 6 times a day - with low GI foods, and I found that since my insulin doesn't spike and crash, my energy levels remain more stable. That may help?

Because you're experiencing physical symptoms, I'd still recommend you get that checked out anyway.

Yeah I felt really good after the walk I had... happier and more energy. But the next day I just flopped. I went on a really short walk on friday, literally down the end of the road and back up; but not really felt up to another 20-30 minute brisk walk. Will try again. Maybe tomorrow.

As for my eating habits... I always have a good brekki when I get up. Have bowl of pasta for lunch every day at 1.30, and then not usually hungry again until I have dinner in the evening. Don't tend to snack, cos then I don't want to eat meals.
    I had a bit of a food problem for a while... Didn't really eat much (cos of the depression) and gradually got myself into this routine and I'm a lot better, and I've put on a stone. :yippe: Doesn't seem to have an affect on my mood or energy levels though.

And thanks for the hugs and advice jordy.

I'll see how I go this next week... then possibly brave the doctor again. I'll just have to think of a way to make them listen. :yeees: