Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Argh Mums!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have just had a telephone conversation with my mum and I have come off the phone feeling like total rubbish!

It all started when she was moaning about all the stuff she does for my sister (my sis is 18) and I said that she shouldn't be so soft and just let my sister do it herself, otherwise she'll never learn! I then said you were never soft like that with me and my brother, you used to shout at us all the time and oh my god it was like I had said the worst thing in the world...she started bitching at me and saying that she treated us all the same and that I was a sulky, hormonal, moody, miserable person, always shouting and causing arguements!

Now I am sure that at some points I was probably horrid to live with, I think this is true of most people, but I really don't think I was that awful. Thankfully I don't live at home any more and haven't for about 5/6 years now but in that time my mum has only visited me twice!

I know this sounds whingey and childish but I just wish that she hadn't said this stuff, it makes me feel like i'm such an awful person and makes me feel that this is what she actually thinks of me and is why she can't be bothered to visit!

Oh my god I don't even know why this has wound me up so much....reading this back it doesn't actually sound like much at all but I feel so gutted that this is what she thought of me and is this what she thinks of me now???!!!

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Pink_Angel wrote: »
    I then said you were never soft like that with me and my brother, you used to shout at us all the time and oh my god it was like I had said the worst thing in the world...

You shouldn't have said that, it probably upset her and caused the response you got.

I'm sure most parents find their teenagers are sulky, hormonal, moody, miserable people, always shouting and causing arguements, because that's what a lot of teenagers are like. You're not special. :D

Why worry about shit that happened 5 or 6 years ago. Make an effort now.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I know how you feel, my and mum dont really get on.

There isn't much I can say to help, but just letting you know I am on your side.
  • Options
    Gotta say i agree with Skive.
  • Options
    mums some how have that knack, she is probably frustrated with your sister and vented it on to you, try not to take it heart and if you still do try talking to her when she is feeling less stressed?

hope your ok
  • Options
    Pink_Angel wrote: »
    I know this sounds whingey and childish but I just wish that she hadn't said this stuff, it makes me feel like i'm such an awful person and makes me feel that this is what she actually thinks of me and is why she can't be bothered to visit!

you should be grateful for your family imo... its a squabble. put it behind you and move on. you probably know deep down that she cares about you, and i bet you do for her.
  • Options
    It probably felt like a nasty thing to her when you said she shouted at you all the time, when shje feels she was doing her best. I don't get on with my mumm, so I've got no real advice though.