Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

After waxing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whats the best after wax process? Danger zone speaking. I usually just take a bath but I was reading the directions out of boredem and it says thats a no no. I don't know why, it failed to say, or even reccomend anything else. I'll probably keep doing it but now I'm curious.

Comments

• Options
    put 'tea tree oil' cream on?
  • Options
    Just wait till Nikki the brains of all knowledge is along to inform us all!
  • Options
    ashlee wrote: »
    Just wait till Nikki the brains of all knowledge is along to inform us all!

:D

Haha. They don't recommend having a hot bath after waxing because you're skin is already hot and might damage it further.

I always do though.
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    :D

Haha. They don't recommend having a hot bath after waxing because you're skin is already hot and might damage it further.

I always do though.

Oooo, so putting bubbles in the bath probably wouldn't be the best then either, huh :p

You're so smart :heart:
  • Options
    my_name wrote: »
    Oooo, so putting bubbles in the bath probably wouldn't be the best then either, huh :p

You're so smart :heart:

:lol: No, no perfumed products for 24 hours otherwise you WILL get an evil rash that will burn and itch for years and years and ultimately die from it.

(Again. I always do it. The health and safety warnings for waxing are ridiculous. Most waxing products are perfumed anyway :lol:)
  • Options
    *is strangly turned on by this thread*

:razz:
  • Options
    Is this evil rash by any chance worse than razor rash?
  • Options
    Don't know for sure, I've never really known it on myself. Waxing related rashes tend to be ridiculously itchy though, and sting/burn a bit.
  • Options
    well if you are a bit unclean and taking a bath I expect the dirt, which is coming off of you, migh be attacking your sore foo foo.

Sorry that let it sound so unromantically,... maybe just have a quick shower if at all and moisten up afterwards (WITH CREAMES AND LOTIONS AND STUFF! not with home-made moist)
  • Options
    They do say not to have a hot shower, bath or sunbathe for 24 hours after waxing... I guess as already said, there is some damage to the skin and it needs time to settle down again... last time i had my bikini line done i had a good 3 days of soreness and it was horrible but better than the insane itching of shaving rash!

The other thing they say is that if you do wax, don't shave in between as it will make each waxing more painful - you are better off going back regularly even if there isn't a lot of regrowth!