Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

there's this guy...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Don't really know how to start this, and I fear it may be a rant. Ok there's this guy...

In fact he's my ex, first real boyfriend I suppose :blush:, we broke up over a year ago so it's embarrassing to be writing about him so far on. But for some reason lately I just cannot get him out of my head. I think about him all the time, and want to talk to him. I actually work out when I last text to see if I've left it a long enough amount of time to text him again without seeming too clingy :o

That's how we talk mainly, through text, sometimes online, but very rarely in person or on the phone (he lives quite far away).

I don't know why I feel like this suddenly now, I mean, I've had phases on and off of kinda liking him again, but nothing this bad. Soooo, I decided to bite the bullet and tell him (allbeit through a text) that i kinda missed him and thought about him alot. To which he responded that he misses me too and wishes we'd never broken up and really wants to see me. So I was like :yippe: . Then...nothing. Didn't hear from him again after that night. I text him, and tried to call him but nothing. He finally text me the other day but didn't mention it, and is always too busy to get hold of any other time to have a proper chat :(

I don't know what to do. I'm getting the message he kinda regretted saying that, and is now backtracking. Also, he's a bit of a manwhore, and so knowing him he flys comments like 'i miss you so much, i think about you all the time' to anything in a skirt. :banghead: argh. I don't even know why I like him. He's a shallow, woman addict, he lives too far away and can't even be arsed to pop home to see me. why can't i like a nice guy :rolleyes:

I don't really know what I'm asking for, maybe some advice or some cheering up. Is it worth trying to start something with him? Even though I doubt he's give up the single life for little ol'me

Comments

• Options
    By the sounds of things he doesnt know what he wants himself and even though he may be backtracking it doesnt mean that he doesnt want to get back with you....sometimes its hard for a guy how hangs around with lads who go out on the all the time and meeting new women is the main part of thier lives....but he may want to change and is just finding it hard to adjust to the idea of having a girlfriend...u may be the one to change him and might just take some patience...its up to u if its worth it or not..
  • Options
    Why did you split up in the first place? Honestly, not through rose tinted glasses..
  • Options
    thanks for the reply craicjunkie

Kate- we broke up because things were going downhill for a while, all my friends were single and I felt like I was missing out on something, which is stupid really, so I started losing interest in him. And then he went out on cheated on me, which makes me feel even more digusted in myself for wanting him back :( . He felt terrible and kept trying to make it up to me, but tbh honest I thought I wanted out. Didn't realise how much I'd miss him though.