Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Valintines day again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I have been seeing this guy for about 1 month now and don't know what do about valintines day. I know that we are going out for a meal but my question is should I get him something? and if so what should I get him? Should I get him a card? My problem with a card is they are either really tacky or lovey lovey.

Comments

• Options
    are you just seeing eachother or going out? have you made plans? if you're just seeing eachother and haven't arranged any plans for the day, i wouldn't bother. do you think he's going to get you something? if so might be an idea to get a back-up pressie/card just incase! if you're just seeing him he might get scared off if you go all relationshipy on him.
  • Options
    I'd say make him a card - it's a sweet, personal gesture and you can say whatever you want to on it. Plus it's not too extravagant, so you've made the effort but kept it simple.
  • Options
    Depends how you feel about him...

I found a card in Clintons for the guy I'm seeing which says "To my lover.. Just to let you know, I'm not that kind of girl.. [inside] .. I'm much much worse!" - Kinda tells the tone of our relationship! ;)

You can get some fairly plain arty type cards which you can set the tone of with your own message.. like I said, depends how you feel and where you want it to go.
  • Options
    I'd say make him a card - it's a sweet, personal gesture and you can say whatever you want to on it. Plus it's not too extravagant, so you've made the effort but kept it simple.

Lol but not the spelling is VALENTINE, not VALENTIN. :razz:
  • Options
    eh? :confused:
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Lol but not the spelling is VALENTINE, not VALENTIN. :razz:

the OP wrote valintine not valentin.

and butterflykisses i don't think it was aimed at you.
  • Options
    Aaah - I spent ages staring at my post trying to find where I'd written Valentin! Thought I was going nuts!
  • Options
    I don't know what to do either. Assuming I don't fuck up my date tonight this will be the first time I've not been single!

I thought I'd get a blank card and get someone to help me write something very simple (NOT "I Love You") inside in Polish. (She's Polish that's not totally random.)

Ho hum.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    I don't know what to do either. Assuming I don't fuck up my date tonight this will be the first time I've not been single!

I thought I'd get a blank card and get someone to help me write something very simple (NOT "I Love You") inside in Polish. (She's Polish that's not totally random.)

Ho hum.

Ohh is she the one from Waterstones?
  • Options
    Well, I say make him one if you don't want it to be lovey dovey. Although as someone else has said, you can get some nice blank cards nowadays, WHSmith are good for those kind of arty ones. I hate all that pink and red roses stuff, and found a great one last year, it was a photo of a heart shaped island, so there wasn't a hint of pink fluffiness :)
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Ohh is she the one from Waterstones?
    No that was the Italian. Close.
  • Options
    No that was the Italian. Close.

Polish... Italian... Easy mistake. ;)
  • Options

Ho hum.

i don';t mean to put a damper on your thoughts but i'd think it a bit weird if you have your first date today and are a couple by wednesday! that's not to say it won't go well, but i think coupledom by wednesday is expecting too much!
  • Options
    There's a little more to it than I explained but instinctively I agree. I just want to make sure I've done something in case she does...

ETA; It also seemed like a good time to actually ask her out.
  • Options
    I'd say a little gift and a card with your own message inside should be ok :) Perhaps a "I love you, you are my soulmate" card wouldn't be best advised ;)

I was struggling to get a card for my boyfriend, I didn't want a card that said I love you in it(I want a card that shows I care but I'm just not at that stage yet)so I went for a humorous saucy card. Hope it goes down well! :/

xxx
  • Options
    Whack on some red lippy, and kiss a bit of card. Quick and simple, and you could just put "from me" on the back, so it doesn't imply anything other than a kiss from you.
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote: »
    Well I have been seeing this guy for about 1 month now and don't know what do about valintines day. I know that we are going out for a meal but my question is should I get him something? and if so what should I get him? Should I get him a card? My problem with a card is they are either really tacky or lovey lovey.

The most wonderful valentines day gift I ever received was a hand written letter on a beautiful piece of (aged?) paper. In this letter, she poured her heart out and told me not only how she felt about me, but how our relationship had positively affected her life. It meant so much to me and touched my heart in a way that few things do. I actually teared up while reading it and gave her the most wonderful kiss afterwards.

I'm not sure on the facts of your relationship, but if you're tight with this bloke, give it a try. He'll love it!
  • Options
    We are actually seeing each other officially but it has only been a few weeks. I will prob just get him a simple card.