Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i thought things couldn't get worse

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My mum overdosed last nite. She's in hospital, but is going to be alright.

I fuckin hate the way things are at the minute. It's like as soon as i think things can't get any worse they do.

And the worse part is that instead of feeling sorry for my mum, i just feel hate. I hate her so much at the minute. And it is so hypocritical for me to be saying that since i've wanted to kill myself for agaes now, but i can't help it.

I just feel so alone and so angry with everyone.

Comments

• Options
    Hey, nothing I will say will make it better. But hope things start to look up for you shortly.

*Hugs*
  • Options
    mate i'm really sorry. is there anyone you can call for a chat if you need to?
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

Just feel spaced out atm, cam't get my head round anything. I have my brother for the weekend to support him. He's only twelve. Feel so bad for him.
  • Options
    Just wanted to send some *hugs* your way. It's understandable how you're feeling towards your mum at the moment. I hope things get better soon.
  • Options
    My mum took an overdose last year, so I know what you're going through. it's hard to accept that parents are normal people with normal problems. You just have to be there for her and let her know this. I was so angry at my mum, when I went to see he she was angry at me as I hadn't got her correct pyjamas!
    She was in a dark place at that time though. Love and support is what she needs.
    Will she be seeign a counciller to talk through her problems?
  • Options
    Thanks ppl.

I don't know if she'll have to speak to a counsellor. She had to wait for the crisis team last time i heard from her so i suppose they will be sorting that out if she has to.

Its just so hard for me to be there for her and console her when all i feel is hate. It is so so hard
  • Options
    Hi, really sorry to hear that. Hope things work out soon.
  • Options
    Unless she has done something for you to seriously warrant hate - hate is a very strong word - then I suggets you try and find ways to get over this. Why do you feel hate?

The last thing I said to my mum before she overdosed was "the only good thing to ever come from you was me!"
    Jesus, when I realised I nearly lost my mum, I was in pieces. Think how you'd feel if you lost her.
  • Options
    BarradellBarradell Deactivated Posts: 10 Settling in
    Hi Jordy, sounds like you're facing with some tough times at the moment and have a lot on your plate.

You might find it helpful to speak to someone in confidence who is detached from the situation. Samaritans are always there to help and offer support 24 hours a day. You can call them on 08457 909090 anytime to speak to a trained volunteer. They can call you back if it's more convenient.

There is also Careline which is a telephone counselling service for children, young people and adults on any issue, including relationships and depression. You can reach their website here or give them a call on 08451 228622.

Really hope things get better for you and please keep in touch. All the best :)
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    Unless she has done something for you to seriously warrant hate - hate is a very strong word - then I suggets you try and find ways to get over this. Why do you feel hate?

The last thing I said to my mum before she overdosed was "the only good thing to ever come from you was me!"
    Jesus, when I realised I nearly lost my mum, I was in pieces. Think how you'd feel if you lost her.

I understand that hate is a strong word. I don't think I've hated anyone in my life. Its just that i lost my dad just over a year ago, and since he died she has totally destroyed me.

She has hurt me in more ways than i thought possible, and has made me feel as though there is no point in me living. So for her to top herself, i feel is selfish. I just can't get this feeling out my head. I wish i could, more than anything else but i really can't.
  • Options
    Barradell wrote: »
    Hi Jordy, sounds like you're facing with some tough times at the moment and have a lot on your plate.

You might find it helpful to speak to someone in confidence who is detached from the situation. Samaritans are always there to help and offer support 24 hours a day. You can call them on 08457 909090 anytime to speak to a trained volunteer. They can call you back if it's more convenient.

There is also Careline which is a telephone counselling service for children, young people and adults on any issue, including relationships and depression. You can reach their website here or give them a call on 08451 228622.

Really hope things get better for you and please keep in touch. All the best :)

Thanks for that. I have an appointment with my counsellor tommorrow, so i think im going to take things from there