Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

not used to sex any more?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I started having sex with my boyfriend a few months ago. We've been doing it regularly since then, and it has felt fine. He recently went away for a couple of weeks, and when he came back and we had sex it felt a bit uncomfortable. It felt similar to when I first did it with him, or when we've done it a few times and it starts to get a bit sore. I was turned on and everything so I don't know what was wrong. Could it be because I'm just not used to it at the moment? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think that's almost certainly going to be the case.

It sounds like you're doing all the right things, making sure you do plenty of foreplay before hand (not just until your really wet, the other affect of foreplay is it "loosens" everything up down there.

So even though you say you're ready it might be worth holding off and keeping at the foreplay for a little while longer still?

However, i think you'll still find yourself a little sore afterwards, i guess while you're not having sex your pussy is reverting back to how it used to be before.

Just keep at what you are doing, take it slow, plenty of foreplay, don't be too rough the first few times, and you'll soon find it'll be back to how it was!

One thing to consider though, if after a week or so of regular sex, it's not improving, it may be worth looking at other factors, you may have a STI, or perhaps just Thrush.

But i wouldn't get too worried, i know that when me and the girlfriend haven't done it for a couple of weeks, we have to take it steady for the first few times as she gets really sore, but it doesn't take long to get back in the swing of things!