Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

For anyone that knows anything about cars...

My cars power steering cut out today when i was going round a corner (yay!). Actually it was like the whole steering cut out because i could only move slightly each way. I pulled over, turned off the ignition then started it up again and it worked fine.

Does anyone know why this could have happened? I thought i needed some fluidy stuff before i realised i have electric power steering. This was at lunchtime and it's worked ok since but i'm worried that it'll just stop tomorrow or something and i'll be stuck somewhere in the freezing cold to die.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it'll be a loose connection, needs checking out (duh)
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    it'll be a loose connection, needs checking out (duh)

I was going to say that.

How rather scary for you! :eek:
  • Options
    My mum's used to do that. Can't remember what the issue was, but I know her engine was cutting out very slightly at the same time which caused the steering to go. Take it to the garage they'll get it sorted.
  • Options
    Go to a garage. Power assistance shouldn't make any real difference at speed(30mph+). You may well have a different problem, the last thing you want is for the steering to lock altogether.