Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What do i do with her?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay you guys, i really need your help this time.

Since about october, this girl Hallie has been basically stalking me. after knowing her for 5 minutes, she was basically "in love" with me. although i stongly doubt it, shes convinced its love.

the underlying issue in all of this: I dont care about her like that.

so, about 10 minutes ago, she told her friend to ask me to "be her valentine" which, ya know, that just puts me in a bad spot. if i say yes, it will lead her on, and shell just be ultimately more obsessed. but if i say no, itll will break her heart, and god knows what shell do to herself.

ya see, she suffers from some form of depression. shes been through a similar scenario, and shes hurt herself really bad before.

i dont need anybody's blood on my conience. shes already been talking about dying lately. either that, or shes been going to extremes, telling me she wants to be anorexia so she can be skinny and pretty enough for me, and shes just crazy. i dont know how to handle this, as im in a bad spot.

im afraid of her, and what she can do to herself. she doesnt understand certain things, like when giving complements is innaprpriate. i just want out the easiest, cleanest way possible.

i really need you guys. advice or words of comfort will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    I know it's hard and I'm guilty of this myself but you CANNOT be responsible for someone else's actions. You are responsible for your own and that is it. I'd let her down gently. It's better than lying to her and I think when she eventually finds out that you don't feel the same way she'll be more upset.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    I know it's hard and I'm guilty of this myself but you CANNOT be responsible for someone else's actions. You are responsible for your own and that is it. I'd let her down gently. It's better than lying to her and I think when she eventually finds out that you don't feel the same way she'll be more upset.

but.. i mean ive told her off about 6 times, in counting. she doesnt..go away. ive actually told her to get out of my life before, and she went and cut herself, woke up the next morning, and just..forgot anything happened.
  • Options
    Heyoka wrote: »
    but.. i mean ive told her off about 6 times, in counting. she doesnt..go away. ive actually told her to get out of my life before, and she went and cut herself, woke up the next morning, and just..forgot anything happened.

If she doesn't go away I'd think about cutting her off completely. Just blanking her out. It sounds harsh but sometimes its the only way people get the message. About the cutting, she obviously has issues and you agreeing to go out with her isn't going to be a miraculous cure. If she is threatening to cut herself because you won't date her then I think that is very manipulative. Really, you can't be held responsible and in all honesty without even knowing the girl..Sometimes when people are so angry or upset, the only way for them to get at the other person is to threaten to do something like that. In the past I've had an ex boyfriend threaten to hang himself if I didn't go back out with him. There is no way you can just give in to demands and threats like that. Oh and..he didn't hang himself for the record. He's seeing someone at the moment apparently.
  • Options
    How do you know her? School, work, friends, family?
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote: »
    How do you know her? School, work, friends, family?

school. shes in 2 of my classes, and i pass her most every day.
  • Options
    Ignore her and if she becomes too bothersome, let her down gently but firmly. She needs to be clear that there is no chance for you two.
    As someone else said, you are not responsible for her actions. I know it would be terrible if she were to cause herself damage because of you not wanting to be with her but it would not be your fault and she would no doubt have already been dealing with some underlying issues

eta: good luck man!
  • Options
    if you're really worried she might hurt herself it might be worth letting someone at school know. Otherwise yeah, if she really did fall in love with you after like 5 minutes, she's likely to be reading into every little piece of interaction, so i think cutting her out as much as possible will be the best way.
  • Options
    i tihnk ive decided to print our recent conversations and seek proffessional help from the schools guidance councelors. this isnt safe, and its out of my hands now. this girl needs help..

thank you all. :)