Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

PayPal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've bought some stuff for valentines day from ebay, but I just got an email from a seller saying my e-cheque isn't due to clear until the 15th so I won't get my stuff until then. She's offered me another way of paying, but what about all the other sellers I've bought off? Is there any way I can move the date forward?

Damn its cos I haven't got funds in my paypal account. Damn I don't understand!!

Comments

• Options
    I made that mistake and had to wait ages. No way of bringing it forward that i know of.

I never added my bank account details to paypal so it instantly sends e-cheques. Once you have added your details you can make instant payments.
  • Options
    My bank details are on and I asked it to send an e-cheque but it said it wouldn't until the 15th. DAMN bugger
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    My bank details are on and I asked it to send an e-cheque but it said it wouldn't until the 15th. DAMN bugger

Ah :( How come you chose an e-cheque instead of an instand payment?
  • Options
    I have nooooooooooooooooo idea, to be honest I don't have a clue - I use my boyfriends normally and he does it. But this time the stuff is for him and now its ruined, all ruined!! :banghead: :crying:

I think it wouldn't do a payment because I didn't have any money in there? Or something? I don't get it
  • Options
    I have nooooooooooooooooo idea, to be honest I don't have a clue - I use my boyfriends normally and he does it. But this time the stuff is for him and now its ruined, all ruined!! :banghead: :crying:

I think it wouldn't do a payment because I didn't have any money in there? Or something? I don't get it

If you have money in your bank then you should be able to make an instant payment.

If you are looking at the box that says paypal account balance and it says £.0.00 it is irrelevant to making payments. That confused me too. As i had entered my bank details but still couldn't make instant payments.

What you have to do is add an account or something. I can't find it from looking at my paypal now but you have a look there should be a bit where you re enter all your details and have to recieve a automated phone call to prove that the account is yours.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense.
  • Options
    Gah I will try it, the only problem is that you can't cancel an e-cheque so I will have to pay again and ask for the money back. One of the sellers has already offered to do this. The whole lot is only worth £10 anyway so if they didn't refund me then its not the end of the world, I just want everything to get here in time!

Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    Gah I will try it, the only problem is that you can't cancel an e-cheque so I will have to pay again and ask for the money back. One of the sellers has already offered to do this. The whole lot is only worth £10 anyway so if they didn't refund me then its not the end of the world, I just want everything to get here in time!

Thanks for your help!

Yeah the annoying this is that you know your an honest person etc and wish they would just send the item before the payment, but they just won't :banghead: you could try asking though.
  • Options
    If you have money or are verified you can make an instant payment. But if you speficially choose an e-cheque they aren't going to stop you.