Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

needing help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
savein money !! arrr!!! help me
:wave: :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    You'd probably get more help in the Home, Law and MONEY section of the forums. Anyway, my tuppence worth - stop spending :p

Seriously, give yourself 'pocket money' and stick to that; buy essentials only instead of splashing out all the time; cut up any credit cards; change your switch card to a cash card etc etc.
  • Options
    Set up a direct debit from your current account to your savings accout every month. That way the money is out of your hands and you cant' get at it!

Secondly budget how much you have to spend each week - like little Missy said only give yourself pocket money. Every monday withdraw that ammount of money out of your account and then leave your bank card at home. That way you can see how much money you are spending.
  • Options
    PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
    Have you seen our budgeting sheets? (at the bottom of the article) It may help you if you write down everything you need to spend and then see what you have left at the end of it. Not easy I know. When I need to start saving I start by putting a stop to buying my lunch every day and make it from home (with tesco value bread and value marmite, lol) See if that helps?
  • Options
    cheers big help thank u all keep it comeing plxxxxxx:thumb:
  • Options
    1. get an account where you cannot withdraw for a set period of time.
    2. set up direct debits to transfer money between regular and savings account.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Set up a direct debit from your current account to your savings accout every month. That way the money is out of your hands and you cant' get at it!
    I've done this for years, its a really good idea, if itsonly £50 quid it soon adds up. Apart from that only using cash, sticking to a tight budget etc can help.

Oh and Ebay your stuff you dont want/need any more and put the money in your savings account.