Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

MSN...not recognising name/password

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My MSN is telling me that it is not recognising my name/password and to try again. I 100% know that they are correct. It happened to me a while ago and i tried for days and days but wouldnt let me on. Had to get a new user name in the end which totally sucked because it meant that I lost all my contacts from ages ago because I couldn't access their email addresses.

Grrr has anyone else experienced this?
Any ideas to try?

Comments

• Options
    double check them on http://webmessenger.msn.com . Or try passport.com and change your account password :-)
  • Options
    noog wrote: »
    double check them on http://webmessenger.msn.com . Or try passport.com and change your account password :-)

OK cool it has signed me on there. So why won't it sign me on my proper one?
  • Options
    Sorry stupid me, its working.

God don't you just hate MSN

(yet love it at the same time)
  • Options
    Why dont you make a back up of your contact list so that in future if this sort of thing happens again and you cannot log in and are forced to make a new account you need only import the contacts list ?

It's very easy to do
  • Options
    edn1 wrote: »
    Why dont you make a back up of your contact list so that in future if this sort of thing happens again and you cannot log in and are forced to make a new account you need only import the contacts list ?

It's very easy to do

How do I do it?
  • Options
    Contacts > save messenger contacts

:)
  • Options
    Done. Thankyou very much!