Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone ever found....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
... that after reading posts on here you realise that you know the poster in person?

Was just reading some older posts on here and realised that one of the posters is a friend from uni!

Comments

• Options
    Luckily not. But then again i've not read every post by every poster so there might be someone out there who i know.

:wave: if there are! Now fuck off :p
  • Options
    chances are i know none of you in person :)
  • Options
    No but I know a regular very well in person and some others through this.
  • Options
    Nope. I don't live in the right area of the world. ;)
  • Options
    Nope. I don't live in the right area of the world. ;)

What area is your world?
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote: »
    What area is your world?

Viva scandinavia :thumb:
  • Options

And you speak English? What is it with all you foreign people on here actually talking and making sense? Do you all learn it or something?
  • Options

And here's me thinking you're from Northern Somalia.
  • Options
    ... that after reading posts on here you realise that you know the poster in person?

Was just reading some older posts on here and realised that one of the posters is a friend from uni!

Well go on, who is it :p
  • Options
    And you speak English? What is it with all you foreign people on here actually talking and making sense?

International school has done wonders for me.

Do I sound Somalian? someone, please? :lol:
  • Options
    International school has done wonders for me.

Do I sound Somalian? someone, please? :lol:

I was taking the piss ya eejit. :D
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I was taking the piss ya eejit. :D

likewise.

you take the piss a lot so it wasn't that difficult to come to that conclusion :razz:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    The possibility would be low for me too (Greece) but it happened once. It was someone that I had told about the site, but joined without me knowing.

He posted a problem he had with his computer, and I replied saying "Amazing, a friend of mine has the exact same problem!"
    Then he sent me a PM to say that they're the same one :p
  • Options
    And you speak English? What is it with all you foreign people on here actually talking and making sense? Do you all learn it or something?
    I lived in the US for two years when I was a kid ;)
  • Options
    I've done the opposite. I've met a person then it turned out they used to post on here.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    I've done the opposite. I've met a person then it turned out they used to post on here.
    Somebody from here endedup going to my uni and when I was introduced to her she was like "I already know you, from thesite.org". She'd recognised me from the uni paper (my name) and somehow remembered it's me...

I've hung out with her a few times, she's my pocket-sized buddy.

Awesome-o. :)
  • Options
    I do know someone in real life who posts on theSite. She's from london. She recommended me to this place.
  • Options
    I'd always be a bit worried if someone I knew in person posted on here too, not a best mate just like an acquaintance. I don't want someone I knew knowing some of my more cringy problemos :nervous:
  • Options
    bloody hope not! :lol:
  • Options
    I've had a few people join up after I have but haven't found anyone yet who was already on here :)
  • Options
    bloody hope not! :lol:

My thoughts exactly!
  • Options

Yes, this happened to me a few years ago. I suddenly realised that I knew Wheresmyplacebo from university, I was so scared as in uni I only knew him a bit at the time and I had written a lot of very personal stuff on here (whereas most of his posts are just general rants in the politics and debate forum). Luckily after a couple of PM's and a chat or two face-to-face he reassured me that he wouldn't tell anyone from uni about my stuff I've posted on here and it turns out he's a really sound bloke. But yes when I first realised it was him I was shitting myself...
  • Options
    No, thankfully. People at work keep asking me about this place after I mentioned I was going to the last meet, and I have to put them off due to some of the extremely personal stuff I post on here that I dont want them to know about.
  • Options
    Thankfully not :D
  • Options
    Haven't found anyone I know so far. Would be suprised if there was anyone I knew.
  • Options
    No. And I hopr it stays that way; as there are certain things on here I've posted about that I don't want anyone knowing about.
  • Options
    An ex-boyfriend has a special fondness for girls off this messageboard. Apart from that..nah.

Although I did post a really pissy post about a friend anddd he kinda saw it and signed up for revenge. We are friends now but still :blush:
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    An ex-boyfriend has a special fondness for girls off this messageboard. Apart from that..nah.

Lol we must never speak of that again :angel:
  • Options
    Yup. The outrage :rolleyes:
  • Options
    One of my good mates signed up, introduced himself but never took up posting. I knew it was him because he said his name in the intro, said where he was from and that he was a dj. Checked the age etc and everything matched up, so it was definitely him.

He didn't know I posted here, and probably still doesn't seeing as he didn't stick around! Would have been interesting. I never told him about it, because he'd probably come back to annoy me and drag my 'angelic' reputation even further through the dirt on the drugs board.