Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Confused...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yep it’s a long one…

Anyway – I’m seriously confused…

I went on a date with a girl who I didn’t know but had met via friends on a night out.

Date went really well (as per my previous thread) – spent hours together talking and flirting, and some of the conversation that went on was definitely in reference to ‘the future’ involving me – she kept telling me she was having a really good time and smiling and… well, it seemed pretty good to me and when I enquired about a second date she said yes, you decide what we do.

At the end of date we hugged and I kissed her on the cheek (which was where she motioned for me to kiss her) and she said ‘text me’ and we waved goodbye as her friend drove her home

So, I like her – and without wanting to play games I texted her later that evening to say I’d had a really good time and to enjoy herself if she was going to go out later that evening.

I then texted her the following day saying when I was free but could she give me some indication of when she would be free next week so I could sort something out.

So, the weekend comes and goes and it’s Monday afternoon and I’ve heard nothing from her – so I go and set a date and time and place and await her response.

Which is yep that sounds good BUT I’m not looking for a relationship at the moment and that she needed to tell me that before we met up again.

So, I’m a little unsure of how to take this and say that that’s ok (as I’m not necessarily looking for a relationship myself right now – I take things as they come and as long as I'm enjoying myself I'm quite happy) and is she still ok for the date – she tells me she’ll have to check what she’s working and get back to me.

Anyway a couple of days later I had to pop into the supermarket she works in as I needed some food – and I bumped into her – wasn’t awkward at all, we had a quick chat and she said that she was scheduled to work so wouldn’t be able to make the date, so I say no problem and would she be interested in meeting up at any other time – she says she’ll text me.

Only thing is it just feels as if that’s the last I’ll hear from her.

So, have I made a major balls up here? – should I expect a text back? – is this just one of those things? – or am I making a mountain out of a molehill and should sit tight and wait and see what transpires?

:confused:

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Options
    Wait a few more days - she might just be really busy or something and just can't text you.
  • Options
    it doesn't sound great. she may well have had a good time on the date. did it involve alcohol? because i've had a really great date before where we got a bit drunk and i liked him more as the night went on. but then when i went home and thought about it the next day i realised i wasn't that interested in him.

maybe you came on too keen. that can be really offputting when you've just met a guy. it puts pressure on you to like him as much as he likes you, which in turn can scare someone off if they're not entirely sure what they want.

or maybe theres something going on in her life she hasn't told you about. maybe shes hung up over an ex. or maybe shes seeing someone else and doesn't want to take things too far with you.

i think you should just leave it up to her.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    it doesn't sound great. she may well have had a good time on the date. did it involve alcohol? because i've had a really great date before where we got a bit drunk and i liked him more as the night went on. but then when i went home and thought about it the next day i realised i wasn't that interested in him.

Yep, the date did involve alcohol and this was something I had thought of and now you've said it - it is pretty obvious.

I'm not going to pressure her because as much I like her, I barely know her so if things are going to carry on, then it'll be her to make the next move and if nothing happens, then thats the way it is.

It wouldn't have been so confusing if she'd just said 'I'm not interested' in the text (which she told me pretty early on the date, was what she said to people who she wasn't interested in) instead of the whole 'not looking for a relationship at the moment' but wanting to meet again bit which so confused me.

Thank you though, you've said something I needed to hear :)

• Options
    it seems a bit weird she said for you to kiss her on the cheek. :confused:

i wouldn't txt her again, if she txts you then by all means reply but until then i'd back off a little. :)
  • Options
    it seems a bit weird she said for you to kiss her on the cheek. :confused:

Well, it was that moment where girl looks at boy and etc and she just looked at me and it seemed right and I moved closer and so did she and at the last moment turned her head and I kissed her on the cheek - how sweet lol :rolleyes:

I did wonder at the time whether that had been the right thing to do or not - but ah well :)

• Options
    Doesn't sound like she's interested tbh.
  • Options
    I dunno what the title is lol

Hi i met this guy who is friends with my cousin, my cousin tried getting us together but it never happened until last weekend i was drunk and so was this guy i came on to him and he let me but the weekend that just gone i told me brothers i just want to talk to him so me and this guy went for a walk but we started to kiss and all that now i feel really bad because he has a girlfriend and i knew that, I can't stop thinking about him and i know he wanted it as well, what should i do??:confused:
    If you don't want to help thats ok because i sound like im a s*ut.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    GirlieGal wrote: »
    Hi i met this guy who is friends with my cousin, my cousin tried getting us together but it never happened until last weekend i was drunk and so was this guy i came on to him and he let me but the weekend that just gone i told me brothers i just want to talk to him so me and this guy went for a walk but we started to kiss and all that now i feel really bad because he has a girlfriend and i knew that, I can't stop thinking about him and i know he wanted it as well, what should i do??:confused:
    If you don't want to help thats ok because i sound like im a s*ut.
    Hi, and welcome to thesite.
    You'd do well to read the good manners guide.
    Also, in case it's not included in the guide, you should know that it's best to create your own thread when you want to ask a question that isn't actually related to the one in another thread. This way more people will notice and you won't be taking over someone else's thread.
    Enjoy your stay. :)