Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Beer storage

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I bought more beer than I have room in the fridge today (it was a really good deal :thumb: ) and I was wondering if I can store the rest in the garage? I bought it just off the shelf, not the fridge section and the garage is around 11.1111111111C (depending on if the conversion calculator lied to me) Or should I just keep it inside.

Comments

• Options
    Beer doesn't go off, keep it outside (unless someone will nick it).
  • Options
    You can keep it anywhere you want. As stated, beer isn't going to go off.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I bought more beer than I have room in the fridge today (it was a really good deal :thumb: ) and I was wondering if I can store the rest in the garage? I bought it just off the shelf, not the fridge section and the garage is around 11.1111111111C (depending on if the conversion calculator lied to me) Or should I just keep it inside.

beer doesn't perish when sealed. Keep it somewhere outside so you don't have to refridge/freeze it before you want to drink one.

I hate it, if you want to drink one and it's pee warm.

/eta: 11 degree is a TAD too warm to enjoy it best, but for emergencies it's more than good enough ;)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Beer doesn't go off, keep it outside (unless someone will nick it).

It depends on the type of beer, mass produced piss beer wont, but bottle conditioned beer will go off after a long time, its normally about 3-4 years.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    It depends on the type of beer, mass produced piss beer wont, but bottle conditioned beer will go off after a long time, its normally about 3-4 years.

Anyone who keeps a bottle conditioned beer for four years deserves it:p

Good beer like that doesn't last ten minutes in my house.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Anyone who keeps a bottle conditioned beer for four years deserves it:p

I forgot about a Hoegaarden Grand Cru at the back of a cupboard for about a year, that's about as old as it gets, it was good though, really deep flavour.
  • Options
    budda wrote:

1. my_name lives in the US, so that is not the issue ( ;) )
    2. like kermit said. you'd have to hide and forget about a bottle of beer, to not drink it in a time frame of ~3 years :razz: