Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tales of awkward childhood romances.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
found that on another forum. click

It's a thread where people talk about ther Kindergarden girlfriends/boyfriends :lol: awesome to kill time!

a few examples:
I personally don't remember this, but my mother has told me that one day I came home from kindergarten deeply concerned. I pulled my mother aside and asked her in a very serious manner, that if a girl told you that she loved you, did that mean that you needed to get married? Because I wasn't really sure that she was the one for me, but she was hellbent on me, and I didn't want to do the wrong thing.

----

In my preschool/kindergarten days there were two girls I was going to marry. From what I remember they were pretty cool with the whole polygamy thing too. I can't remember which one of them was my first kiss but I must've gone for the lips at one point. I guess I just assumed back then that if a boy and girl were really good friends they had to eventually get married.

The funny thing is one of these girls who I haven't seen in about 18 years just found me on Facebook. She uploaded a bunch of pictures of us playing when we were kids and I must admit we were a cute couple.

---

In 3rd grade I had a crush on a girl named (I think) Sophia. We used to sit next to each other and things were good. Then one day, a sub was teaching class and she decided to sit at another desk (since I guess the sub didn't have the seating chart in order to say get back to being close to me). I was sad.

---
In 6th grade I had a big crush on this girl named Cate. We were friends until some kid told her I had wet dreams about her (not true). She refused to talk to me after that, and even started crying in class when I tried to speak to her. I can't believe how awkward that was.

I miss you Cate, :(

Comments

• Options
    When I was in kindergarten I was over at my mom's friend's house. I'd sort of grown up with the friend's daughter, who I thought was my cousin and was about 3 years older than me.

First off, she locked me in her room, saying we should play house. She then proceeded to shove her 8-year-old tongue into my 5-year-old mouth.

I tried to push her away. But she had a few years on me and bettered me in the struggle. Then I tried to scream, to get help from my mom. The only problem was, I had a tongue in my mouth.

"MMMMMMRRRRFFFFFFFF!!!!!! MMMMRMRMRMPHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

After she finished wrestling/slobbering on/battering me for a good half hour, she just left me there, feeling dazed.

I've never told anyone, and I still get scared every time I see her.

:lol:

---
    We men aren't such sissies about rape... It prefer the term surprise sex :D
  • Options
    Not really awkward but I had a 'boyfriend' called Chad. He blew kisses to me from across the playground. We were the cutest multi-racial couple ever.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    Not really awkward but I had a 'boyfriend' called Chad. He blew kisses to me from across the playground. We were the cutest multi-racial couple ever.

I had a crush on Clara in elementary school, and my mother was like "woooooohoooo!!!!", you know in this kind of manner, when I told her. :crying: I never tell my parents anything about girls, heck I even tell tell them that I'm going to "a friend" or having a few errands, even tho I meet up with a (girl) friend.
    [note: In austria you have two different words for friend to seperate between the sex of the friend, and you of course use the one fitting for that persons sex.]

I think my traumas I have with girls might stem from my mother.
    Ugh, there you have it...
  • Options
    hmm i remember when i was in year 3 at primary school (soo that makes me about.. 8/9) i got my first serious crush on a guy 3 years above me.

i mean, i thought i LOVED him i felt that strongly :rolleyes: so one day me and my friends were on the playing field, and i saw him - friend saw me looking and as a 'joke' decided to go up to him and give him a heart shaped eraser that shed brought to school that day and said it was from me.
    i promtly hid behind the nearest tree absolutely mortified - so my friend thought it would be funny to point me out. the guy in question then comes up to me and says
    'sorry but i dont like you. youre too young so please leave me alone' :( i was so upset!!! ... and that was the end of that 'romance' haha

oh yeah, and when i was about 7 me and one of my guy best friends used to pretend to be husband and wife and i would 'give birth' haha. usually the baby that was 'produced' turned out to be a zazu (from lion king) toy. how that is possible i doont know!!

fun times :D
  • Options
    I had a few crushes in school.I remember once when we were "married" that we used hula hoops as rings and that my mate had to be the stand in priest since that was always my job!!

I married a lot of couples in my young day. A lot of the same people...My school must have had high divorce rates :lol:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    In my first year at school, I couldn't decide if I'd marry Florentia or Mirto, it was a huge dilemma. I don't think they knew about each other, although we often played all together.
    Sadly, that was the closest I've ever been to having a relationship. :p

In the second year (different school) I was madly in love with Natassa, until she said we were too young for each other and I cried lots. But I was sure she just told me that in order to not tell me she was in love with one of my friends. :D
  • Options
    When I was 5 I had a boyfriend from my class at school called Karl, we were proper in love (for 5 year olds) and would sit in the playground holding hands and sometimes we'd put his coat over our heads and people would think we were kissing. haha.

On my 6th birthday party my mum rented out a playschool thing and hired an entertainer and we have a video tape of it, and the entertainer calls me up then asks if I've got a boyfriend and I say 'yes karl!' and he makes me get him to come up, Karl is shaking is head but I go and drag him up by his shirt. haha! Ah young love.
  • Options
    When I was 5 I had a boyfriend from my class at school called Karl, we were proper in love (for 5 year olds) and would sit in the playground holding hands and sometimes we'd put his coat over our heads and people would think we were kissing. haha.

On my 6th birthday party my mum rented out a playschool thing and hired an entertainer and we have a video tape of it, and the entertainer calls me up then asks if I've got a boyfriend and I say 'yes karl!' and he makes me get him to come up, Karl is shaking is head but I go and drag him up by his shirt. haha! Ah young love.

That is so adorable...
    Oh my... I was so shy back then. I don't think I married...
    but my older sister and her friend always tied me to a tree in the garden :grump:

Oh, I remember when Klara invited me to her birthday and I was soooo shy, I did not want to give her my present. I was such a loner, back in the days! girls? ewwww!
  • Options
    throughout the entire of nursery, infant and junior school my friend Steven was my boyfriend

we broke up on advise from my friends when we went to comp but have been best mates ever since :)
  • Options
    haha back in kindergarden, there was this girl izzi, and she used to walk up to me randomly, kiss me and hug me, and then walk away like nothing happened.

then toward like 3rd grade she stopped liking me, cause she thought i didnt. because i didnt.

and then i liked her 5th grade, but she didnt like me.

quite the drama for a small child