Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What are your favourite juice recipes?

Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
We've just changed our juicer at home and I want to try out some new combinations.

My current favourites are:

2 apples
1 lime / lemon
A little bit of ginger

and

2 red apples
A handful of red grapes
Some strawberries.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ooh they sound nice. I like just orange in mine, but I made a smoothie with peaches and oranges the other day and that was yummy. I find a lot of fruits, like apples, to be quite wasteful in the juicer
  • Options
    Peaches and raspberries, plus of course a little brown sugar and just a dash of ginger beer.
  • Options
    I tend to just stick whatever is in the fruit bowl in the blender and usually it tastes nice! I love making smoothies from frozen summer fruits as it saves putting ice in them and so they taste less watery!
  • Options
    In summer I picked an apple which grew in our garden, peeled it and rubbed it on the cheese grater into a glass. If you touch a peeled apple (even with clean hands) if becomes sorta brown (reckon it's through oxidation processes), so the juice looked like pee mixed with vomit (because there've been chunks in it too).

So I really did not want to drink it. Brought my father the glass, told him to drink it, and without any further question he drank it down :lol:

He said it was yummy tho :D
  • Options
    I used to buy a frozen mix of blueberries, raspberries, blackcurrents, redcurrents, flame grapes, blackberries and strawberries(i think) and blend it with about 3/4 milk and 1/4 evaporated milk, then sieve it to get the bits out.

OMG yummy!!!!

I also love getting carrot and pinapple from juice bars
  • Options
    apple, strawberry, and kiwi. :yum: I don't like mixing too many, gets complicated and you can't taste them all.