Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Scred Truth - Lush

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
They guy in the shop recommended this face pack for dry skin but it just gave me a layer of scaly feeling skin 'til I moisturised and then it just felt the same as normal. Paid over a fiver for a small pot too! Pffft.
Anyone know of anything good for Dry Skin from Lush, also, do they have any anti aging products?

Comments

• Options
    the dream cream is very very good for dry skin - it works wonders on chapped eczema too! BUT, because its got alot of essential oils in, do a patch test. its brilliant for me, but it makes me mates skin red+inflammed because of the oils in it!
  • Options
    Oh I knew Lush exists somewhere oversea too, because all the producte here are named in english as well...

It's a nifty shop tho, and I've been purchasing something in there too :blush:
    the soaps are awesome.
  • Options
    My skin is a little dry and my Lush product of choice is Mask of Magnaminty. Beware it is an exfoliating mask too so it's not a good idea to use it more than one or twice a week, or too close to any important nights out as it draws the impurities out and you need to give it a day or two before you look fabulous darling!

Generally speaking though I get on best with charcoal-based ones. Boots do The Sanctuary Warming Detox Charcoal Mask for about £7.50 which is really nice, and Origins do an Active Charcoal one for about 15 quid which I had before and loved :)
  • Options
    at the moment I use the lush moisturiser "gorgeous" which is supposed to be £35 a pot, but i got some on ebay for £13 and I must admit, its lovely. Ive used other lush moisturisrs before but this is the best one, as youd expect for the price. I was starting to get a few lines on my face but theyve dissapeared since I started using it. My skin isnt particularly dry though, but they do have one for dry skin which is a lot cheaper than my one.
  • Options
    does it have to be from lush, you got a voucher or something? Never ventured in there coz the smell from outside is overwhelming, gives me a headache, but I would recommend cocoa butter with shea butter for v.dry skin. I'd only use it on my face at night though mind- kinda greasy. I also picked up some st.ives 24hour moisture body lotion for 39p t'other day, feels nice on my hands and elbows.
  • Options
    as i used to work at lush i would recommend:

afterlife as a antiaging moisturiser (or reviving if you party lots)
    ultra bland or angels on bare skin as cleansers
    if sacred truth wasn't right for you then crashcourse in skincare or ayesha might be good (ayesha is antiaging)
    and eau roma as a toner if you need to use it