Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tongue piercings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey... Just asking for a bunch of opinions.. Personally, I like tongue piercings.. I find it a turn-on, where as others I know hate them. I think it looks good on guys just as much as girls. My boyfriend is getting his done in a month or two, and I'm completely fine with it, but his friends and friends of mine don't think he should get it done. Everyone has their own opinion i guess.. but what do you think???

Comments

• Options
    I find tongue piercings absolutely fascinating, but I could never have it done myself. It just seems like such a risk to such a major muscle!

I like them on guys. I don't like them on girls.
  • Options
    my bf has his done twice and I love it.
    Im a bit squeamish about getting my own done, although I like the look, and it definitely makes a difference for oral sex.
  • Options
    wow, thats different, Most people I find prefer them on girls. I like them both equally.. and yeah, the whole oral sex factor just adds to it hehe!!! I've wanted my own done, but I'm afraid of my parents more than anything else :P I know they'd hate it and go flippin nuts. One day though...
    I've never seen someone who's had it done twice.. It sounds pretty cool though...
  • Options
    Looked good a few years back. Its just gone well out of fashion now though unless you're either gay or a chav.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Looked good a few years back. Its just gone well out of fashion now though unless you're either gay or a chav.
    Haha, to be honest, I havent seen any gays or chavs with their tongues pierced!! but then again I live in belgium... School in Kent. Maybe things are different where you are. :)
  • Options
    I think it depends on the person, some people can pull it off, some can't. My other half has his done and although I wasn't sure at first, now I think it's fab. Would like to get mine done, but I'm just not brave enough...one day maybe though.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    That depends whether someone obviously got it done for fashion reasons.
    I dont really see it as a fashion thing.
  • Options
    I had it done for about 4 years. It chipped a tooth, made the tops of my bottem teeth all uneven and left me with a painful skin tag, scar tissue and some other lump I've been avoiding getting looked at that gets inflamed and painful occassionally. :(

I'm not against them of course, it was fun while it lasted. Loved getting fun ones, like with a whistle on the end or things like that. Ah I loved that whistle :D

Though I do hate those nasty girls that make it a point to walk around with their tongue hanging out of their mouth to show off that they have one. Thats tacky.
  • Options
    I don't really like them. I don't judge anyone, but I wouldn't get it done on me, as for any other piercings.

I was thinking of a small tat, but I don't think very highly of piercings.
  • Options
    Blimey.. I new it could muck up your teeth.. but i never thought about it being that serious. I guess.. it completely depends on the person. My friend came back to school this week with hers done.. it looks ok I guess, not as good as it does on some people, but it looks good. Whereas I guess, others seem to get it done, and give tongue piercings a slutty reputation...
    Apart from that, I'm cool with them :)
  • Options
    I love my tongue piercing.
  • Options
    Anyone have an opinion on nipple and belly button piercings?? Personally, I like both, but not together. Either 1 or 2 nipple piercings, or a belly button piercing. I think both is a little too much, or wont look too right.. I wouldn't mind getting one done. But not so it looks tacky/slutty... Not the look i'm aiming for. Kinda, a private thing..
    Any opinions??
  • Options
    Anyone have an opinion on nipple and belly button piercings?? Personally, I like both, but not together. Either 1 or 2 nipple piercings, or a belly button piercing. I think both is a little too much, or wont look too right.. I wouldn't mind getting one done. But not so it looks tacky/slutty... Not the look i'm aiming for. Kinda, a private thing..
    Any opinions??

I love nipple piercings on men and women, though I think the general opinion is the opposite.

I have my left nipple pierced and no one has ever said it was slutty or tacky, though that's probably more the kind of thing they'd say behind your back :razz: I did have my belly button done when I was younger - took it out a couple of years back now though, I think it looks shit and only got it done because it was the trend at the time. Do what feels right though... and what you feel would look right (assuming we're talking about you and not your fella) :)
  • Options
    Not really a fan of tongue piercings, you can't see them most of the time and when you do see them it means staring into someone's mouth at a saliva covered tongue. Not against them, just wouldn't have one done and they don't really turn me on either.
    I think belly button piercings look hot on girls though.
    Briggi my mate has his nipple pierced and he said it was the most painful experience of his life but he's glad he had it done. It still hurts a little bit when you touch it and he's had it for about 5 months now.
    I have my eyebrow pierced and I love it! I've always loved eyebrow piercings, shame they grow out so quickly though.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    (assuming we're talking about you and not your fella) :)

I was talking about me, although my fella is thinking about getting it done. I don't mind at all. I'd like to get it done, either my belly button or my nipple. I think I'd prefer my nipple, as so many have their belly button done.. it's
    different.. and I think one would look nice.
    I also think eyebrow piercings can look hot on guys too.. Although I know a girl who got hers done and that looked good. But it depends on the person...