Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Funeral...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've only ever been to a funeral when I was like 11. So obviously, I don't have anything suitable to wear for this funeral I have to go to. To be honest, I haven't got a clue what to start looking for..

Could anyone help me pick out some stuff that you think you'd wear to one, and would look alright? Mostly from like Topshop, and other high street shops?

Muchly appreciated! xx

Comments

• Options
    Plain, dark, understated clothing - unless the dress code is stated as being "sky blue pink with polkadots" as a tribute to the deceased's personality or something. I'm sure you probably already have something in your wardrobe that would fit the bill :)
  • Options
    Dont bother with topman or any other shops that will be highly priced for something you will likely never wear again.
    Get yourself down george at asda or primark and pick up a black suit, black tie and white shirt.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Dont bother with topman or any other shops that will be highly priced for something you will likely never wear again.
    Get yourself down george at asda or primark and pick up a black suit, black tie and white shirt.
    Hey, I'm a girl :thumb:

I know I probably already have something I could easily wear, but I just wanna have something new to wear.. hmm. Haha.
  • Options
    I always stick with black trousers, smartish black shoes, black coat and black or white top.

:)
  • Options
    I know funeral attire is traditionally black, but that's not to say you have to wear it. I went to my nans funeral in June and wore a white dress with a black paisely print on it. So whilst it wasn't bright pink, it wasn't very dark and depressing either. I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing a bit of colour, as long as it's not bright or inappropriate. Anything smart and of an appropraite nature would be fine I'm sure.

I like the idea of wearing a dress as a pose to top and trousers. I don't know why, perhaps that's just more me. There's lots of nice dresses around at the moment, especially in black if that's the colour you're opting for, so you won't be hard pushed to find something. :)
  • Options
    if it's a black funeral then just wear a black skirt/black trousers (maybe cropped?) with a dark coloured top and some nice shoes.

my nanna requested no one wore black so we adhered to that. :)
  • Options
    I wear a black suit/shoes and a black suit. Smart as fuck.

ETA: Sorry, didn't realise you were a woman!
  • Options
    I usually wear Full Regimental Royal Airforce Number 1 Uniform, complete with ceromonial sword obviously.
  • Options
    I usually wear Full Regimental Royal Airforce Number 1 Uniform, complete with ceromonial sword obviously.
    Gee I'm sure that's very helpful :rolleyes:
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    Gee I'm sure that's very helpful :rolleyes:

well form my experience, many say they see the uniform as a tower of strength, a guiding light in the sea of blackness, a shining star, a tribute to all those gone before us.
  • Options
    i agree that a military uniform provides strength
  • Options
    I think randomgirl was right they are the same person.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    I think randomgirl was right they are the same person.

Precisly my thoughts when I read the posts

Just made me :lol: because someone has obviously wrote a message and then logged and and back on just to write a reply to their own message. Just imagening someone do that is just funny, what the hell are they getting out of it? Jeez, there are some crazy people. And it is like one user is obsessed by the other always being first to reply to t'others threads and agreeing 100% :lol:

Anyway, funeral dress code, personally black pants and shoes and a nice top any colour and mabye a black jacket. Just make sure everyone is going in black and it has not been an expressed wish that everyone is colourful.

Hope it goes as OK as a funeral can go x x x