Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bit Confused!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I'm here in my usual drunken state which I don't really mind but...I found out today that my mum is in a real bad state through her lungs. She can't smoke anymore and I think I'm quitting soon. :shocking:

Comments

• Options
    Aww hun, I'm sorry... Is your mum's health state serious?
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote:
    Aww hun, I'm sorry... Is your mum's health state serious?

Well she doesn't have cancer or nothing but the doctor said she has to quit now or else, she coughs up all the time. I'm only young myself but I know I have to quit to give support for my mum like. I gave her £100 tonight like.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that mate... I swear my mum should do the same! She sounds terrible sometimes, its worrying.

I'm in the middle of giving at the moment, I didn't want to go cold turkey though, so I have managed to cut myself down to 2 a day so far!

Anyway, I wish you mum all the best fella... hope it all works out!
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Well I'm here in my usual drunken state which I don't really mind but...I found out today that my mum is in a real bad state through her lungs. She can't smoke anymore and I think I'm quitting soon. :shocking:

That's horrible, mate.

My mother smokes like a chimney too (well not THAT bad, but enough, for a long enough time already). I'm proud of my father that he managed to quit.

It might be an asshole-ish thing to say, but maybe it's just the right motivation to stop with that nasty habit, when you see the results on someone you really care for.

Good Convalescence to your mother, and good luck with breaking the habit.
  • Options
    Aww i'm sorry to hear that, however i was confused as to the reasoning behind giving her £100?

My dad managed to quit smoking too, he smoked 40 a day and went cold turkey one day and never looked back so all you need is the will power, and the added bonus of nicotine pathches that weren't avaliable back then.

I hope your mum gets better and it's great that she has your support, i'm sure that will help heaps. Good Luck! :)
  • Options
    All the best to your mum, Turlough, and try not to let it worry you too much (easier said than done of course).

Here's hoping she'll manage to kick the habit and prevent any further problems.
  • Options
    good luck quitting dude.

sorry about your mum.
  • Options
    Aw nooo. Aye, the pair of you quit soon.
    Anyone who brings such a bobby dazzler like you needs to hang about a bit longer mate.
    This'll cheer you up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J6vAPanyJk&eurl
    <3
    xxx.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Aw nooo. Aye, the pair of you quit soon.
    Anyone who brings such a bobby dazzler like you needs to hang about a bit longer mate.
    This'll cheer you up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J6vAPanyJk&eurl
    <3
    xxx.

Haha excellent, he should be part of a circus and exploited for his talents.

Cheers guys. Means a lot. :thumb:
  • Options
    My ol dear has always got a nasty smokers cough, she says she'll give up and then not smoke for a day or two but then start again, she will never stop now (she even had a scare not so long ago and went to the hospital) and I hate to say it but it will kill her.
  • Options
    sorry to hear mate hope shes ok!! :(
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    sorry to hear that Turlough.. The consequences of smoking definately don't make smoking worth it

That ^

Sorry to hear this, hope she gets through alright. Keep giving her support, it'll be hard for her to quit. Best wishes to her and yourself.
  • Options
    Shit one mate. :(

I hope things get better for her.
  • Options
    I hope she's better soon. My mum was a complete shit to me, but you only get one and you sound like you really love her. Giving up smoking is gonna do you both no end of good. All the best :thumb:
  • Options
    Big Hugs <3

Definately quit even if its just to give her moral support

xx
  • Options
    All the best Turlough.

And midgets dancing rule.
  • Options
    Aww sorry to hear that mate.

Maybe you should stop now. This is a good time to do it.

Hope things get better soon xxx