Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Was in topshop the other day...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...well that's a lie I was in a topshop with Debenhams and well - the story goes - sort this gal on my course wearing black/grey denim shorts and thought they were really nice, she said they were from topshop. Checked out two stores, finally found a pair 2 sizes too big and took it the desk as it was in sale they said there were no others. I asked if they think sale items would be on the website, then one of them goes

"Oh wait a minute we made those ones the other week!! Ha yeah we cut them ourselves from a pair of skinny jeans, they're not actually for sale in our other stores etc..."

And orginally they were selling them at the exact same price as a pair of those skinny jeans...can they do that??! I mean, cut up the clothing they sell and sell it for the same price. Cut the clothing at all?!

It was beyond me, seeing as it wasn't obvious to the buyer till I noticed the 32" leg length number.

Just made me think!

Comments

• Options
    If someone said that to me i'd think they were taking the piss. Once i realised they weren't i'd probably be fully pissed off. As far as i know they shouldn't be touching the merchandise esp. cutting it and reselling as a different sort of item and esp. not in a place like topshop. Would expect the managers to be not happy if they found staff were doing that.
  • Options
    Maybe if the jeans had like a stain on the leg or something? Although i wouldn't expect them to sell them at full price afterwards, I would have thought they would have gone in the sale rail at least seems a bit cheeky.