Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

User Accounts... Help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, so there's 3 User Accounts on my PC.. Mine, my brother's and my Dad's. The other day I went to log into mine, entered my password and it said something about not being able to load my account, and instead it would load a basic account. I just clicked OK before the countdown ran out, I thought next time I turned the PC on my account would load up fine.

But everytime I log in now, it comes up automatically (without telling me) with the basic user account - no music, no pictures, no files - everything has gone! But my brother's and my Dad's are fine, they still have all their files and their usual user account.

Am I going to have to start all over again, or what?! How can I make it better?

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm not that knowledgeable on windows anymore (so wait for another opinion) but it sounds to me like the necessary files for your account got deleted or corrupted somehow, so windows just re-made an account for you.
  • Options
    Yeah, it sounds like your profile broke.

Bit rubbish if it just deleted your documents though.
  • Options
    Well it didn't seem to delete anything - in the end, I restored the system back to Monday's settings and now it's perfect.

Thanks for the help! :)
  • Options
    Yeah, your profile probably got knackered, and it bumped you onto a new profile with a clean documents/music/pictures set. however if it happens again you can get your docs etc by going to

My Computer > C: > Documents & Settings > your_username_here
  • Options
    That's what I was doing, but it was a big faffy arse. So I restored and now it's perfect! :D