Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Any bought a bathroom suite lately?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is it me or are all bathroom suites WHITE these days?

our cistern got a massive crack in it but it's blue, the rest of the suite is also blue but looking for replacement cistern / toilet every single thing out there is white.

even looked on ebay and you can basically have any colour want ... as long as it's white.

Comments

• Options
    That's because thankfully coloured suites, went out about 20 years ago.

RIP avacado.

I was so pleased about 7 years ago when we finally got a white one, although an old boyfriends was worse, his was brown :yuck:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Our toilet seat broke a couple of years ago, and we had to get a new toilet. Not because of the colour, but the shape. Apparently no one makes square-ish ones anymore.
  • Options
    Here you can have lots of colours. It's probably no use to you this site though.

http://www.bathroom-ceramics.co.uk/discontinued_colours.html
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    ruby_soho wrote:
    That's because thankfully coloured suites, went out about 20 years ago.

Yup.

We bought one in 2005 and they were all white. Thankfully, that is what we wanted :)

Don't know why anyone in their right mind would buy anything not white, tbh.
  • Options
    squeal wrote:
    Here you can have lots of colours. It's probably no use to you this site though.

http://www.bathroom-ceramics.co.uk/discontinued_colours.html

Good god, there are some horrors on that site :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Good god, there are some horrors on that site :crazyeyes

Tell me about it, who in their right mind would want Autumn Tan as the colour of their toilet seat. You may as well shit all over it and let it go hard, it's pretty much the same colour, and cheaper to do.
  • Options
    Yeah. Coloured bathroom suites are completely out of fashion now. You may be able to find a replacement coloured one at a old fashioned stuff place 2nd hand, but to get a coloured one elsewhere may mean shopping outside of the normal DIY shops.

Replacing the whole thing with a white suite might be better if you are intending on selling any time soon.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:

Replacing the whole thing with a white suite might be better if you are intending on selling any time soon.

Would be hassle though and loads of extra work as the tiles behind the toilet would have to be redone as well to match as some have been cut to go around the pipe work, etc.
  • Options
    My bathroom is a lovely shade of hearing aid beige. It is being ripped out on the 22nd. I can't wait. This is because the bath panel broke and there were no hearing aid beige replacements :D So if anyone wants a beige bath, sink or loo, please let me know LOL