Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm doing an essay about the similarities between the characters of Clarissa and Septimus. Sounds simple and I guess it is.

What I'm peeing myself over is that I'm having trouble with this and I want to do an English Literature degree in September. :impissed: :crying:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    What particular bit are you having trouble with? Do you often have trouble with essays or is this a one off?
  • Options
    Nope, afraid it isn't a one off.

I think I have trouble wording what I want to say. I'm really critical and think things like 'oh..that is a cliche'...and I always think there is a better way of saying something. I don't think I'm being paranoid either because I word things really really bad. I try to imagine how I would say them in class but unfortunately I dont think 'ermmmmm' is allowed in an essay :nervous:
  • Options
    I have a similar problem with wording what I want to say. I kind of know what I want to say in my head, but it won't come out on paper somehow! I've found that the only way to deal with it is to make a really simple plan outlining the essay structure, then fill it out with details for the points, and finally write up the essay from that. I'm writing an essay at the moment and last night I thought I'd be ok working from detailed points, as I knew what I wanted to say... but all that happened was that I waffled off and had no structure. So I backtracked, wrote a simple plan using my detailed points (backwards to how I just described it above), and it's going a lot better now. Try that, see if it helps.