Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Should I complain?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It was my grandad's funeral today and I organised the ordering of the flowers. I ordered a DAD for my dad and a GRANDA for my sisters and I. All went well and they seemed to be satisfactory...until we arrived at the cemetery and we saw the funeral director removing them from the hearse.

The DAD was fine, but the GRANDA was almost in half! It was GRAN and DA! I paid £270 out of my own pocket for them and I was really upset that they weren't perfect. And what with the weather we're having I won't be surprised if we visit the grave and there's a DAD and GRAN sitting there!

Should I complain to the florist or just leave it?

Comments

• Options
    Maybe they can only make them to a certain length? I don't know. It's worth ringing the florist about and asking them if you think that you can handle it.
  • Options
    Theres 2 ways of making a word in flowers. Moss & wire and Oasis (the green stuff you put flowers in for arranging). If done my moss and wire, each letter would be done seperately, but i'd imagine what they've used is an Oasis frame. They come in Mum, mom, dad, gran etc maybe granda isn't that usual, so i expect they've made two frames gran and da and wired them together.

It's difficult commenting without seeing them. It could of just been the wire between the 2 frames has come apart, or they could of been a complete mess.

It depends how you feel, if 2 frames have accidentally come apart then no, i wouldn't complain. If, however, you feel they haven't done a good job and it was down to shoddy workmanship then yes i'd go see them about it.
  • Options
    Now that you mention that method I don't know. It obviously wasn't the time to inspect them! The word had green all around so maybe it had to be done seperately...
  • Options
    It's also worth considering that it could be how the undertakers manhandled them.

If you're not happy and you want to complain then go ahead, if it's not worth the grief and hassle with so many other things going on then leave it. The thought and the gesture were most definitely there and I'm sure they looked great other than when they were being moved which is the most important bit for you and your family.