Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

English C Grade for Unis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Im pretty sure I have spoke about this before but I been pretty busy so didn't get time to read the feedback lol.sorry guys. Im pretty sure that I will be able to get into my desired uni (Brighton) with my ucas points, if not better than what I expect, but what if i dont get my C in english gcse retake this year? will they just not accept me because of that even if i do have the ucas points they were after?

thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    You would need to speak to their admissions office about it. Each uni will differ on their policy, so give them a ring and ask.
  • Options
    Why dont you go back and read the replies instead of being a lazy arse.
  • Options
    You need to talk to their admissions as they might vary, but almost all uni's require GCSEs in Maths and English. It's done because they think you need that level of ability to be able to cope with uni life.
  • Options
  • Options
    99% of universities do require min grade c in english and maths at gcse.
    though i have heard of some allowing you to take a gcse in your first year if you prove you are likely to achieve this.
  • Options
    The solution would seem to be to work your arse off for the C grade. Really it will only hold you back if you don't have it. Some companies that run graduate schemes, for example, still want to see GCSE and/or A-Level marks as well as the degree pass.
  • Options
    Sorry to hijack the thread but:
    I've tried doing GCSE English twice and both times I've ended up with a D. I've emailed somewhere asking about some different course related stuff for next year and they said that they don't do GCSE English but do offer something called National Tests. Do unis accept these instead of GCSE? Or would it vary with each uni?
  • Options
    When they say english, do they mean language or lit? Or either?
  • Options
    Language I think. Well, I only took Language at GCSE...
  • Options
    Either will do.

As for National Tests, that will vary from uni to uni.