Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do I meet girls?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
That might sound like a silly question but let me explain my situation.

I live in a very small country town where not a lot happens.

I have 3 good friends who are either in long-term relationships, married or have kids and so going into the city to pubs and clubs is the last thing they want to do.

I work in a small office where my collegues are are all much older than me and like above, they are all settled.

So the only time I really go out is to the odd birthday party.

I'm 24 and never had a girlfriend and can't see for the life of me how I'm ever going to find one.

And ideas? I read all the time about people meeting on the internet but where? I have no clue.

Comments

• Options
    to start meeting people I would avoid using the internet, just start going out into the nearest town with people if possible to get used to meeting people, I'd also suggest trying out speed dating.
  • Options
    Do you live in the middle of nowhere? If not, maybe you could hop on to the next town and go out... Suggest a night out with your workmates, even though they are older than you. You have the chance then to meet more people.
  • Options
    just start going out into the nearest town with people if possible to get used to meeting people

In his situation though that's kind of difficult - he hasn't got anyone to go with, and going out on your own isn't much fun, plus you often end up sitting by yourself looking shifty or like a bit of a loser.

Speed dating is a good idea though - even if you don't meet the girl of your dreams, you might make some new friends.

My advice would be to find yourself an activity where you can meet new, single friends. How do you spend your free time at the moment?

As for people meeting on the internet, well it's often on forums like this. If you spend long enough here you get to know people quite well, and if someone in particular catches your eye then you arrange to meet up IRL and see whether the friendship develops into anything else. The trick with meeting people over the internet is to just treat it like any other way of meeting people - you meet them, chat to them, then ask them out to get to know them better.

Alternatively you could join a dating site. There's a big stigma about them even in this day and age, but they're not just full of weirdos, actually more and more ordinary, genuinely nice people are using them because their lifestyle just doesn't leave time or opportunity for finding a partner. If nothing else, it's a good way to meet new people in your area.