Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

fave radio shows

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What radio stations do you listen to and which shows do you listen to?
For me it's mainly Metro Radio, I usually listen to whoever is on daytime and Wayne and Alan Robson at night.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I do like Radio 1, and particularly like the Chris Moyles Show, but I do have to admit to liking the Scott Mills show just a little bit more!

I also like Graham Torrington (I assume that he is on all commercial radio) on late night love. So if I am driving around anywhere after 10, I pop on Severn Sound :D Its been a while mind, so I dont know if it is still going.
  • Options
    i tend to listen to talksport more than anything. on the rare occasions i listen to music stations, it'll be Xfm or Radio 1.
  • Options
    LBC 97.3

any show is good. even the news
  • Options
    Xpression Interactive with Danny & Jon. Thursdays 12-2 only on 87.7 xpression fm ;)

Usually my alarm is set to Radio 1.
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote:
    I do like Radio 1, and particularly like the Chris Moyles Show, but I do have to admit to liking the Scott Mills show just a little bit more!

I also like Graham Torrington (I assume that he is on all commercial radio) on late night love. So if I am driving around anywhere after 10, I pop on Severn Sound :D Its been a while mind, so I dont know if it is still going.
    We have Graham Torrington's Late Night Love on Century FM I love his show!
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    lea_uk wrote:
    We have Graham Torrington's Late Night Love on Century FM I love his show!
    can we go and track him down please? I think it would be ace to go and sit in the studio with him....we can make banners and everything! :p
  • Options
    I always thought "Love Lines" was Century's late night serving of schmaltz. But now I think of it, that must be Sun FM. I used to love that shit until one Valentine's Day when I was still in school some creepy little stalker rang up that show and requested 'Whole Again' for me. I still haven't lived it down :razz:

My fave radio shows are Woman's Hour, Today, I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, DID, Gardeners' Question Time :blush:, Something Understood and Crossing Continents. Really liked The Eliza Stories, too. C'mon Radio 4 :heart:
  • Options
    when im in the North East i like Metro Radio, alan robson's night owls is a good laugh.

otherwise its talk sport or radio

i rarely listen to the radio for the music, because i have all my songs on mp3 anyway
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I always thought "Love Lines" was Century's late night serving of schmaltz. But now I think of it, that must be Sun FM. I used to love that shit until one Valentine's Day when I was still in school some creepy little stalker rang up that show and requested 'Whole Again' for me. I still haven't lived it down :razz:

My fave radio shows are Woman's Hour, Today, I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, DID, Gardeners' Question Time :blush:, Something Understood and Crossing Continents. Really liked The Eliza Stories, too. C'mon Radio 4 :heart:
    I'm sure Love Lines used to be on Century!
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    when im in the North East i like Metro Radio, alan robson's night owls is a good laugh.
    Good taste!
  • Options
    I hardly listen to the radio. Unless I'm in the car and I've forgotten my ipod...when that happens I listen to XFM Manchester, or sometimes Radio 1.

I like Sara Cox on Radio 1, however many haters she has :D she makes me laugh.
  • Options
    I love Chris Moyles on Radio 1, and Scott Mills too. I really do 'wake up to Moyles, go home with Mills". I used to hate Moyles but he has grown on me. I read his auto-biography recently and it was pretty interesting. I don't listen to any other radio, unless forced to because I'm in someone elses car!

I absolutely detest local radio stations because of all the adverts. No, I haven't had a trip or fall. No, I don't want to hear you advertising condoms when I'm in the car with my mother and NO, I don't want any new windows or doors! Argh!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Listen to Radio 1 mostly throughout the day.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Radio 1's the ultimate. Then I'd opt for XFM. Virgin's alright too. :thumb:
  • Options
    I listen to Chris Moyles on the way to work, and think his show is pretty funny.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Mist wrote:
    I listen to Chris Moyles on the way to work, and think his show is pretty funny.

Most of the time it is. Sometimes however, I can't help thinking "What a cock".

Prefer Mills, used to listen to him when I was younger and he was on Power FM. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    They have radio shows? I thought it was just music.
  • Options
    I do listen to Radio 1 during the day. Mainly Moyles and Mills. I think Scott Mills is wicked, he gets away with a lot. Can stand Jo Whiny or Edith Bowman much. Tend to listen to Southern Fm in the evenings, the DJ is pretty funny. occasionaly listen to Graham Torrington in the evenings if I'm still on my laptop.
  • Options
    I hardly listen to the radio. Unless I'm in the car and I've forgotten my ipod...when that happens I listen to XFM Manchester, or sometimes Radio 1.

I like Sara Cox on Radio 1, however many haters she has :D she makes me laugh.

it's a Bolton thing. Everyone knows we make the best radio presenters.