Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Leading on...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, why do it? I am so angry right now, plus a little broken!
In short, i thought i was seeing a girl who cared as much about me as i do about her, she even told me she did and never made out she had any doubts. She even told me she never ever lied to me about anything and never would, yet today put all that out the window.

Firstly, thi smorning started normally, i got up for work and she was texting me and flirting with me, generally what we always do, she was saying how much she was looking forward to getting to talk to me after work, This afternoon when i got home we spoke a little bit on phone about dvds and films and stuff and flirted. Then out of the blue i go on msn to check who was online, and she was, said hello to her and she was all :( at me and saying she wanted to be friends and only friends and loved me ages ago but fell out of love with me ages ago too and has been tricking herself and leading me on and always doubted "us" and lied about it all this time! :impissed:

Why not just have been upfront before i had a chance to fall for her? It's is so fucking sickening, just makes me feel like crap, especially her chirpy way about wanting to be friends and saying nothing will change except we wont say how we feel about each other :confused: WTF is that about?

Comments

• Options
    Well I see you posted it so I'm sure I'm not prying. How long were you guys hanging out or talking sotta speak?
  • Options
    Sounds like it has come completely out of the blue. How strange. I hope you're okay. Without meaning to sound harsh she sounds like one of these 'confused' types who don't know their own mind. All I can suggest is giving eachother some space while you have some time for yourself to get over this. This isn't intended to get your hopes up but she could turn around and change her mind again but then you really have to ask yourself whether you want to be in a relationship with someone who can switch their feelings on and off like that.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    This isn't intended to get your hopes up but she could turn around and change her mind again but then you really have to ask yourself whether you want to be in a relationship with someone who can switch their feelings on and off like that.

I'd agree with that.

It's one thing having a bad day, but she's shown a total lack of consideration for your feelings here mate.

Seems like a really drastic change though. Have to say that my first thought through reading all that was that it could have been somebody else (an ex or something?) using her MSN account? It's maybe unlikely though and I wouldn't want to get your hopes up or owt.

Try not to let her make you bitter, you deserve someone better than that.
  • Options
    annoying huh! this lad from uni asked me for my number and we txt quite a bit - it was mainly of a sexual nature but hey ho i was happy with that! just a bit of flirting etc. anyway over a few days we txt more and i was going out one night - he'd suggested i go to his afterwards. anyway i was already pretty drunk even before i left the house so decided to take a pic for him of me in the underwear i was wearing and would be wearing at his later. he replies with 'lucy lucy lucy love the pic but did i not tell you i have a gf back home'...err no you didn't! was made worse by the fact that this all happened in the week after i found out my ex was with someone else. :grump:

(as it happens, he did see me in my underwear. and out of it. oops. :blush:).
  • Options
    he replies with 'lucy lucy lucy love the pic but did i not tell you i have a gf back home'...err no you didn't! was made worse by the fact that this all happened in the week after i found out my ex was with someone else. :grump:

Ohh that sounds pretty embarrasing
  • Options
    well i was pretty annoyed with him for leading me on but the pic wasn't that rude so i didn't mind too much about that.
  • Options
    annoying huh! this lad from uni asked me for my number and we txt quite a bit - it was mainly of a sexual nature but hey ho i was happy with that! just a bit of flirting etc. anyway over a few days we txt more and i was going out one night - he'd suggested i go to his afterwards. anyway i was already pretty drunk even before i left the house so decided to take a pic for him of me in the underwear i was wearing and would be wearing at his later. he replies with 'lucy lucy lucy love the pic but did i not tell you i have a gf back home'...err no you didn't! was made worse by the fact that this all happened in the week after i found out my ex was with someone else. :grump:

aww that sucks, guy sounds like a right game playing tosser.

so he was pretty much doing the dirty on his gf with you by txting you in that way and leading you o by not saying he had a gf. Shocking stuff.
  • Options

What a plank. His loss, like.

Bullseye I'm not sure what to say. Something kinda similar happened to me when I was younger and I didn't just let it drop, yammered on about it like a nincompoop and fully regretted it later. I have a headache so I'm not going to go in huge rambling spiels as I think Rach was bang on... my only advice to you is cut her loose and move on completely.
  • Options
    Forget about her, no matter how hard that might be. She sounds a bit like I used to be; it's all fun during the chase and then for the first few months and you think that you're in love BUT then you realise that it was the excitement that you liked rather than the person and now the challenge has gone, it's just not what you want anymore.

I was a cow and I hurt people. I've also been on the receiving end of it and I know how bad it can be. In fact, it's even difficult for the 'confused' person as all the time your emotions are changing.

I know that none of that will really help you, but at least it might go some way to help you understand what is going on. Seriously, keep away. There's a good chance it could all happen again and you'll only end up more hurt than before. Be British; stiff upper lip and all that.
  • Options
    I thought that because you said "i'm short", that was why she'd messed you about, then i realised it said in short :o