Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Well Done Liverpool!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
You really showed those evil Gunners what for.

:lol:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nice to get revenge for the other night, eh?
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    christ.. and for a moment i thought they'd won ;)
  • Options
    I think it's funny the way those deluded Scouse fools sing You'll Never Walk Alone, no matter how shite they are. It's like blind loyalty, and it's one of the reasons that they underacheive as much as they do.

Like the slightly damaged kid on sports day who comes last in his race, about twenty seconds after everybody else finishes - but their mum still loves them.

So, altogether now..

"You're no worse than anybody else, you did your best and thats all you can do. It's the taking part that counts, and we're all really proud of you"

:yippe:
  • Options
    somebody got hurt....i only caught 5 mins on radio5 at the beginning and the commentators were laying into baptista, saying how shit he was etc, lol guess they picked the wrong match....let's hope they don't flop like that against chelsea next weekend ay.
  • Options
    Liverpool are toothless bastards. Benitez looks more and more clueless by the day. It's great.

Credit to Arsenal though. As shite as Liverpool are, not many sides will score 6 goals at Anfield. Having Paletta and Sami 'speedy' Hyppia as centrebacks is like playing with 9 men though.
  • Options
    Oh dear dear dear... :D:lol:

I don't think Benitez will fully recover from this... he fieled a weakened side again so this is much his own doing.

Funny as fuck in any event.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Bri-namite wrote:
    I think it's funny the way those deluded Scouse fools sing You'll Never Walk Alone, no matter how shite they are.

Dedicated fans mate. Nothing wrong with that.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Who's really the better fans? The ones that get behind the team no matter what, or the ones that let the team know how they really feel about the performance? A truely good friend will tell you when you're shit at something. It should be the same with football when teams don't do well enough or don't try hard enough (take note England fans). :p
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

They're maybe dedicated, but if they'll sing like that when they lose six goals at home then they'll sing at anything.

If it happened to us (which it has) then I'd be fucking embarrased and letting them know as much as I could that it wasn't acceptable. You're more likely to get a reaction from the players if they know the fans are hurt and angry, than if they know they've got unconditional backing and praise no matter how badly they play.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    :thumb:
    I know if I was on the pitch I would much prefer the fans to be behind me during the game, I'd expect a ring of boo's at the end of the 90 minutes but through the game you don't want the fans on your back, you want encouragement to get back in the game.
    Their professionals and know when they aren't performing, they don't need to be booed and hissed for 90 minutes.
    All credit to the Scouse fans IMO.
  • Options
    :yippe:
  • Options
    I larrrfed and larrrfed at this. What odds can you get on mourinho and benitez both being fired at the end of the season when Chelsea and Liverpool win nothing?! :D
  • Options
    What a game! Bring on the Tiny Totts Scum!

Credit to the Scousers though, there wern't many empty seats even when they were 5-1 down. I doubt that kind of thing would happen at many other grounds.

Although Benitez has been criticised for the line-up, Liverpool's side was still (on paper) as strong, if not stronger than Arsenal's. Only Gerrard can come out of that game with something resembling pride.
  • Options
    The Liverpool fans booed the team off at half time, and spent alot of the game moaning at the referee as opposed to backing the team, especially when their backs were most against the wall. This is what people who were in the stadium told me. Apparently there was alot of discontent at the end of the match as well, so perhaps not all the scousers are as deluded as we think.
  • Options
    :thumb:
    I know if I was on the pitch I would much prefer the fans to be behind me during the game, I'd expect a ring of boo's at the end of the 90 minutes but through the game you don't want the fans on your back, you want encouragement to get back in the game.
    Their professionals and know when they aren't performing, they don't need to be booed and hissed for 90 minutes.
    All credit to the Scouse fans IMO.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/01/10/fan_get_the_team_they_deserve.html
  • Options
    Reminded me of this match from 1990 League Cup Fourth Round
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:

Do we sense a 'self-pity city' boycott of the Guardian after this? Maybe they'll just throw some cups of shit at Paul Doyle as he runs to his car.

Belting out your devotion to a club when it is, yet again, blatantly underachieving is not being a "true fan" any more than cheering on an alcoholic every time he downs a jug of vodka is being a true friend.

• Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    I read 1 and a half paragraphs and I won't read anymore of that crap. Just a fan of another club trying to bring the scouse down IMO, what a load of bollocks and anyone who listens to such tripe in the media needs their head reading.
    ETA: Do you really think that at 5-1 down just because the Scouse fans are belting out "you'll never walk alone" the players looked at each other and thought "oh the fans are singing we must be doing alright" ?? What a load of crap, there professional football players who know when there not performing.
    Oh and also, after being 5-1 down didn't the scouse turn the screw a bit and come back into the game and pull it back to 5-3????? Maybe the fans belting out "you'll never walk alone" inspired this tiny fightback?? Maybe the fans still singing when Liverpool were 3-0 down in the Champs League final when the game looked dead and buried turned the game round and helped Liverpool win what was an historic final?? Same could be said about the FA cup final against West Ham??
    Such crap some people spout its unbelievable, if Liverpool had carried on the caomeback and drawn the game 5-5 would you and others still be spouting such shite about the fans being dillusional?? I don't think so.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Do we sense a 'self-pity city' boycott of the Guardian after this?

Probably not.

Regardless of club allegiance, what The Sun wrote about Liverpool was a disgrace, and anyone who still buys that newspaper afterwards is a scumbag who deserves everything they get.

Liverpool were one of the clubs who helped us after our tragedy, and when we had our silence on the last home game of the season observed it impeccably; Man Utd fans (they of the "Munich songs are despicable blahblahblah"), on the other hand, sang songs about us burning when they visited.

I don't think Liverpool fans do put up with rubbish, and I don't think Toon fans do either, but I suppose teaching a Man Utd fan about loyalty through adversity is a bit optimistic.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Regardless of club allegiance, what The Sun wrote about Liverpool was a disgrace, and anyone who still buys that newspaper afterwards is a scumbag who deserves everything they get.
    I never knew about this until the whole Rooney thing came about I don't think, wasn't a paper reader at all till last few years.

I buy the Sun, and although they do print a lot of shite they also do a lot of good with the campaigns they run etc.
    For example on Saturday, 2 dangerous criminals escaped from prison and due to their "human rights" the newspaper weren't allowed to print their pictures, the sun headline read something like "Murderers escaped from prison, due to their human rights we are not allowed to print their pictures, we say screw that, see you in court" and their were two big pictures of the murderers.

So ye they do print a lot of shite which they usually have to apologise for a month or so down the line but they also do a lot of good IMO.
  • Options
    What caused the protests at the FA Cup game was Kelvin MacKenzie, the then-editor of the Sun, saying in an interview that he doesn't regret printing anything, as he believes that Scousers are the sort of people who would rob and urinate on the dead.

Even though his lies were proven, he still maintains he was telling the truth.

Liverpool lost 96 people at Hillsborough, and The Sun said that the people of Liverpool didn't care- in fact, they cared so little they robbed the dead and pissed on their bodies.

That's what did for Souness at Anfield- giving an interview to that newspaper- and the Sun victimised Rooney because he's from Liverpool.

I don't know how anyone who claims to be a football fan can read that filth- even Everton fans, not known for their sympathy with the Anfield lot, refuse to buy it.
  • Options
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Probably not.

I agree wholeheartedly. I wouldn't even wipe my arse with the Sun.

Liverpool were one of the clubs who helped us after our tragedy, and when we had our silence on the last home game of the season observed it impeccably; Man Utd fans (they of the "Munich songs are despicable blahblahblah"), on the other hand, sang songs about us burning when they visited.

A thread totally unrelated to Man United getting contorted so Kermit can have a swipe? Never. You must have got the scousers at your place on a giro day or something. While I accept that they didn't rob or urinate on dead, alot of their fans are vile human beings. I can deal with it because every club has its wankers but the annoying thing about the self-pity city fans is that alot of their behaviour goes largely unreported these days. Just those jovial mickey mouse scousers having a laugh - leave them be. :rolleyes:

I don't think Liverpool fans do put up with rubbish, and I don't think Toon fans do either, but I suppose teaching a Man Utd fan about loyalty through adversity is a bit optimistic.

It's not a case of loyalty.
  • Options
    Breaking news!

Michael Jackson has just signed for Liverpool!

Apparently the prospect of being spanked by 11 kids was just too much.

Sorry
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Breaking news!

Michael Jackson has just signed for Liverpool!

Apparently the prospect of being spanked by 11 kids was just too much.

If you can get away with that, do you think I could get away by breaking the news that Chelsea have accepted an offer from Madonna for Shaun Wright-Phillips?

:o
  • Options
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I don't know how anyone who claims to be a football fan can read that filth- even Everton fans, not known for their sympathy with the Anfield lot, refuse to buy it.
    I know that after Marc Vivian Foe's death, our club refused to speak to the Sun again. I don't know if that is still the case now Kevin Keegan's gone, but that paper is scum of the highest order.
  • Options
    I am glad I was otherwise engaged on Tuesday and to be honest, I haven't read any reports on it afterwards...
    I've seen it coming though.

For those who think Liverpool fans are deluded, think again.
    one of my best mates and me have been having discussions about Benitez and what he is doing all season. He is a fan of his and I am not.
    For those who think that Liverpool fans like to be teased how we haven't won the Premiership yet...coz we don't.
    You think we are happy that the team is underachieving? We aren't.

But you know what, we are still Liverpool supporters and always will be.

Getting whooped by Arsenal twice in 4 days hurt, but hey, life's a bitch!
    There's always tomorrow!