Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What bands passed you by then you clicked onto them later?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
For me its bloc party - only just started listening to them and i think they're great.
Same goes for futureheads.

Anyone else?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Most of them really. I don't buy that many albums when they're new, and I prefer to wait 'til the hype has died down to see if people are still talking about them in a year or two. The main ones were Radiohead. I didn't get into them (or much music in general really) until their last album, then just bought the rest. And they're now my favourite band by a mile. Oh and I didn't get Bloc Party's album until last year either, but that was one I always liked, I just didn't own.

I've bought a lot of back catalogues over the past few years. I've done Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Bright Eyes and The Flaming Lips in particular, and I think I'll go for Mogwai next.
  • Options
    Near enough everything I've been introduced to within the last 3/4 years I guess by friends' of mine.
  • Options
    Panic at the disco

Coheed and Cambria

Taking back Sunday

T-Rex

:thumb:
  • Options
    I heard a lot of good things about panic and the disco but never heard them yet.

In my case it was Incubus. Girlfriends favourite band, i never gave them much time, now i like them!
  • Options
    i quite like the bravery now and the music, i didn't think they were anything special when a mate recommended them a while back....
  • Options
    Sigur Ros for me
  • Options
    Ash. Missed the first few years, love the back catalogue. Didnt get into The Offspring until they hit the mainstream, but, again, I love the entire back catalouge.
  • Options
    New Kids On The Block. I started liking them right at the end of their career. Ooooh, step by step... ooh babyyyyy, gonna get to you giiiiiiiirl
  • Options
    Bullseye wrote:
    I heard a lot of good things about panic and the disco but never heard them yet!
    *Panic! At the Disco, and you probably have.

For moi? Kasabian, probably.
  • Options
    I'd say probably Shed Seven.

But seriously... whoever didn't see how amazing The Futureheads are first time round needs shooting. :p
  • Options
    Kings Of Leon. Fucking lovelovelovelove them.
  • Options
    Bullseye wrote:
    I heard a lot of good things about panic and the disco but never heard them yet.

Panic at the disco are amazing!!! Their most popular being 'I write sins not tragedies' - awesome!
  • Options
    The Be Good Tanyas.
  • Options
    jordy wrote:
    Panic at the disco are amazing!!! Their most popular being 'I write sins not tragedies' - awesome!

They're good, but not AMAZING. They're crap live. No wonder he got bottled, I did feel a bit bad after I laughed at him getting knocked out at Reading, haha. Just a bit mind.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    They're good, but not AMAZING. They're crap live. No wonder he got bottled, I did feel a bit bad after I laughed at him getting knocked out at Reading, haha. Just a bit mind.
    I nearly wet myself when this happened. Amazingly funny. And indeed they are crap live.
  • Options
    I think I'll go for Mogwai next.
    Nice :thumb:
  • Options
    Jackson 5
    Stone Roses
    Jarvis/Pulp
    Kula Shaker
    Prodigy
  • Options
    jordy wrote:
    They aren't amazing. I know far too many people (largely from here) that are so into them it's scary, and I can't for the life of me see why. I do like them, they aren't a *bad* band, but they aren't nearly as good as people say they are.

I Write Sins... isn't all that good either, compared to the rest of the CD.
  • Options
    Not so much passed me by as I was an infant at the time but I'm getting more and more into stuff from the 80's - Talking Heads, The Smiths, Joy Division/New Order, Gary Numan, David Bowie etc etc.