Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What would you prefer

Ok humour me people, i'm bored.

Would you prefer someone to say your outfit looked nice, or that you smelt nice? Does that even make sense?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    outfit looked nice
  • Options
    as long as they didnt say "your outfit looks nice but you really stink", in which case that would cancel it out.
  • Options
    as long as they didnt say "your outfit looks nice but you really stink", in which case that would cancel it out.
    :yes:
  • Options
    Smells are very important for me, and I gave the compliment of "you smell nice" in the past, and it was with utmost honesty...

It looses a lot, if you have to explain then, because you get an :eek2: -reaction.

I don't really bother. I'd prefer I myself look nice, but if smell or outfit, meh, I don't care.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'd prefer if they told me I smell nice. I don't really pay attention to what I'm wearing, so it would mostly be luck if it looked nice on me.
  • Options
    Smell nice, cuz if somebody said my outfit looked nice I"d be talking to the local bag lady who would be in the process of robing me of my homley attire.

Nice head, I think I'll take it.

Plus, I'm very proud of my hygene.
  • Options
    I'd prefer if they told me I smell nice. I don't really pay attention to what I'm wearing, so it would mostly be luck if it looked nice on me.

ditto
  • Options
    would prefer it if someone said I smell nice
  • Options

Made me choke on my custard.
  • Options

:lol:

Definitely outfit looks nice. Generally bit more time and effort go into dressing than into having a shower and spritzing yourself with Glade :razz:
  • Options
    Outfit I think! But its always nice to be told you smell nice. Hm I can't decide
  • Options
    I'd prefer to be told I smelt nice. Unless I'd made my outfit, in which case my outfit.

Being told you smell nice is more of a compliment to you yourself, because it compliments your hygiene and attention to taking care of yourself, while if someone compliments your outfit it's more about how much time/effort you put into buying clothes and mannequinning yourself. Somehow being told you smell nice is more of a personal compliment than being told you're good at choosing clothes that other people have made the effort to design and create.

But being told a dress or top looks great I've made sends me over the moon, so.....

Just MHO
  • Options
    Would prefer to be told i smell nice as "oh you look nice" is sometimes used as a bit of an easy comment to be fair, like a sort of offhand compliment. If they tell you you smell nice then you know it's a fair comment as nobody lies about that :yes: If that makes any sense whatsoever :D
  • Options
    I get told I smell nice quite a lot :D
  • Options
    It would depend what I was wearing clothes wise and what I smelt of.
  • Options
    Definately outfit compliment, but i'd appreciate the other as well.
  • Options
    both.

But i love being told i smell nice. Not sure why really.
  • Options
    Smell :thumb:
  • Options
    Smell nice.

I work in a chip shop on a saturday, and I have a horse, so it's easier to look nice than it is to get the horsey chips smell out of my hair. I think it's ingrained. :yeees:
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Ok humour me people, i'm bored.

Would you prefer someone to say your outfit looked nice, or that you smelt nice? Does that even make sense?

The women infront of me in the line at the postoffice wasn't very good looking but heck did she smell yummy .. interesting how scent can make someone more attractive.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I feel naked if I leave the house without scent on, so I would definetely rather be complimented by saying I smell good!
  • Options
    I definately prefer to be told I look nice. After all, you can spot someone from a didstance and know they look nice, but you have get up close to notice the smell. It's rather unlikely they'd follow a waft. That said, if they told me I smelt nice too, well that'd be a bonus. :thumb:
  • Options
    Outfit looks nice although both would be good