Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Counting down

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was just thinking that I'm nearly always counting down to something, Christmas, birthdays, anything really. Thought it might be nice to share what we are counting down to.

Do you think counting down to something makes the time pass slower? Is it like wishing your life away?

I reckon it sometimes makes the time pass slower but at the same time it can make you appreciate the thing you are waiting for just that little bit more.

Anyway I'm counting down to my birthday in three weeks time. I get to see my boyfriend again, go out and get drunk and get birthday cards! :D

So what are you guys all counting down to at the moment?

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm not actively counting down to anything... I know some things are coming, but I just class them as "too long from now" or "pretty soon". Even for things in the same day, I usually have to recalculate how long I have till them every time I look at the clock.
  • Options
    My birthday I suppose which is 27th February.
  • Options
    Chinese New Year :D
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Nowt at the moment, really. The start of the year is pretty pants for me as we've just had Christmas and my birthday is at the end of the year so I shall just have a pretty relaxing time, knowing that there is nothing to worry about / do or whatever until a bit later on in the year. It's kinda nice not having anything on the cards for a bit apart from work.
  • Options
    Look at it as looking forward to something rather than counting down. It's exactly the same just seems a lot more positive - I hate the idea of simply marking time until the next big thing is going to happen.

As for what I'm looking forward to. My fella's first gig back with his old band next Sunday, and then the next thing is probably going to Belfast in March to judge "Mr Gaelic Footy of the Year" or "sexiest legs" or some such bollocks. Always good to see the fam though :D
  • Options
    I always look forward to the weekend or holidays but don't have any booked at the moment. I should really learn to live in the moment.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I am counting down to June, and I mean counting down...I am crossing these buggering days off the calendar!

Let me finish my course, pleeeeeease?
  • Options
    I cant wait til Easter. Then I'm outta my job and buggering off to travel for a bit.
  • Options
    My holiday in February :D
  • Options
    Looking forward to sports holiday, going snowboarding in the alps.

Counting down to A-levels, seeing it as a new start of my life.

And yes, i feel like i've been waiting and waiting instead of changing. :crying: I can't blame anyone but me, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Counting down to A-levels, seeing it as a new start of my life.

Are you not scandanavian or some shit?
  • Options
    My birthday. Its gonna be friggin awesome. All my bestest girly mates are coming out and we are dressing up as police women. Its gonna be lots of fun :D
  • Options
    I spend my whole time just counting down till Friday. Then i start the whole process again.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    Do you ever go out NOT dressed up as something? :p you're always at it! :hyper:
    HAHAHA. We almost ALWAYS dress up for birthdays.

We do dress up alot yeh. I'm at uni!!! Its the time to do it!
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to payday (25th) and for these new shifts to finish in the next 4 days..

I'm also looking forward to the next 3 months when I FINALLY am free of the biggest wad of a my debt and then I can move out and have lots of wile parties at my gaff.

I'm also looking forward to Tedfest '07.
  • Options
    im counting down to my bf's birthday which is saturday. ive booked the day off and its gonna be the first full day we've spent together in months :)

then its valentines day

then its my dads birthday

then its my best mates birthday

then its my birthday! yaaayy
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to receiving my answer letter for Uni applications (they should be here any minute) :hyper:, for sholarship application results :hyper: :hyper:, and for my holidays in February... swimming in the world's most beautiful lake :D
  • Options
    I've never counted down to anything whether it be birthdays Christmas or any other occasion. However i made one exception for my current job and the countdown ends tomorrow night when i find out whether or not i get offered a position to stay on. Heres hoping !