Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

fail fail fail uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
What happens if i happen to fail these exams that we all have around january time, do you get a resit in agust? anybody failed lol ?
plz plz reply
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Depends on your uni. Normally you'd get a shot at resits. Where are you studying?
  • Options
    hi

computing, ive heared theres resits in agaust
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i have never heard of a university with no resit opportunity.
    I personally didnt have exams in January during my degree, but the resits for my post grad for my January exam are in April, so It could be dependant on when the original exams were, or they may all be in one go in August.
    Surely you don't know if you have failed yet? Or maybe you havent even sat them. Have some faith.
  • Options
    lol

well ive looked at practice papers and comparing past exams, to the practice there similar, ive tried to revise but i just can get my head round it, programming all that shite
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    dont write it off straight away, just go to the exam and do what you can. if you do fail, go and see your tutor to find out where you went wrong, and get help.
  • Options
    Most uni's don't want people to fail and will do everything they can to help, whether that be resits or retaking a year. Talk to your tutor if you have any concerns.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure all unis offer resits but you're paying £50 in our uni to take them so you're better off passing them first time round.
  • Options
    yeah. you will be able to resit in the summer. depending on your university, they can cap your grade point / class so you may only receive a pass mark even if your work is of a first class standard, unless you can prove you have a valid reason for failing first time around. - least to say thats what happens at my uni. obviously being capped can seriously affect you degree class when you get it. look into it. ask you uni.
  • Options
    y

ya its capped at 40%
  • Options
    What about programming can't you get ya head round? Drop me a pm if ya want and I'll try and give ya some pointers.
  • Options
    Or put your problems up in Net and Tech and we'll all try and give you a hand.