Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Here's how i got my kid sis off meth...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

I interviened...I also filmed everything i did to try and get my sister off this narcotic. it can all be seen in a documentary i've put together to try and help others in this situation.

for more details go to the official site http://www.beatingtina.com

Comments

• Options
    Not much of a documentary... a 20 second clip?
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    It aint no documentry, not long enough to get the jist of whats going on
  • Options
    Beating Tina.

Is that how you got her off her evil drug hell?
  • Options
    I don't know where to begin.
    Background I suppose.
    I've been addicted to methamphetamine once for 4-6 months. Terrible time of my life. I still use meth daily, I even IV it, but I wouldn't consider myself an addict. I don't know if you want my opinions, but since you posted this on here, I'm assuming you want some feedback.

This movie... I had a very hard time actually understanding what the point of it was. She's saying that you are blowing her drug use way out of proportion. There is nothing that she says that is especially overwhelming, nothing that would suggest she is a drug addict from her speech and emotions. She looks healthy...
    You tell us to be the judge on her, I think she's fine. From the video, I think she has her meth use under control. The way you tell us to be the judge also makes it seem like you are just trying to prove she is an addict, and that you really don't care for her, you're just doing this so you can say, "I told you so."
    It's way too short to encapsulate an addiction, that is for sure. I experienced stealing, lying, cheating, was in poor health, was running from loved ones, running from the law, disrespecting everything around me. I lost it. Those are the things to touch up on. Not her reaction to you taping.
    Your approach is too forceful. Just about every ex-addict knows that they could not quit until they really wanted to. You have to be 100% against your addiction. You cannot be forced by ANYTHING. Your sister seems like she wasn't at all against it. You'll want to fix that. Your job as a loved one is to show the user just how bad things have gotten and remind them of the good times and just how easy it is to return to them, you just remove the addiction.

I respect your printed cause - to help others addicted to methamphetamine. I just don't think your video, which your whole site revolves around, is sufficient.

Methamphetamine is one word, by the way. It is not a narcotic.