Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Minging

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think we have a bug infestation...

We live in a maisonette and I live on the second floor, but my flatmate on the third floor has got lots of insect bites. I have one but that's it... Problem is that I swell up really bad with bites. :(

Could be because the heating was left on at 55 degrees in the winter... Any ideas?

Not had this problem before and we've been here since the beginning of July.

Comments

• Options
    Bed bugs? I dunno thats a wild guess.
  • Options
    Maybe dust mites or fleas? :nervous:

I think Flea's breed with the radiators on so I heard.
  • Options
    Can you speak to your landlords and ask if someone can come round and do a check as you seem to have an infestation and its not vrey nice for you to live in.
  • Options
    Can you speak to your landlords and ask if someone can come round and do a check as you seem to have an infestation and its not vrey nice for you to live in.
    He would probably blame us and charge us.
  • Options
    You could ring up the council and ask them to have a look about, I contacted them when I had a mouse on the loose and they were rather good, didnt even charge me for it!
  • Options
    Environmental Health issue. Talk to the local council first...
  • Options
    He would probably blame us and charge us.
    Council option then, sounds like a environmental health issue, or if you rent through an agency go through them, but if your landlords a bastard you might not get much help. I went up to stay with my brother when he moved into his shared house and slept on one the beds and a severe allergic reaction to all the dust mites etc, on the mattress. I wont sit on one of their sofas either, that tends to set me off as well. I've slept on his bedroom floor in a sleeping bag before and not had any problems!