Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

need some advice on my current situation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
okay, so i had a long distance relationship with my ex for about 2 1/2 years. the last time i was there was late september to late november. we broke up 3 weeks into my being there. she seemed quite confused about what she wanted because before then she wouldn't kiss me but then after we broke up we became closer and i even gave her oral like 15 times, but she wouldn't touch me. so i guess basically things didn't change all that much. she told me she didn't know what she wanted and wasn't sure she was ready for a serious committed relationship. so now that i'm home i plan to get a job for a year and let things be and then move to her area. when i move there i am going with this girl i met that is in a similar situation. we plan to split an apartment to share with bills and such. my ex and i will be friends first when i move back and then go from there. the last time i was there though i got frustrated very easily and her family has a much different sense of humor than anybody around where i live does. i also don't have much confidence so when they made cracks and stuff about me i took it to heart and took it the wrong way and felt the need to get back at them and was mean sometimes.

anyway, i guess the whole point of this is; has anybody gone through something similar to this? if so, did living away from your partner make things easier and keep you from getting so frustrated? also if you were like me did you learn to get along with the new sense of humor and get away from letting the jokes offend you?

Comments

• Options
    To be honest I've never been in your situation and cannot give you much useful advice but I think its probably safe to assume that your relationship with her is over and whilst in theory it should be easier to get over her when you are physically apart you also need to distance yourself from her mentally.

I would also use this time to reassess your options regarding moving back to where she lives. Now you are alone you should assess what is good for you and your life now you are no longer togeather.
  • Options
    alright. thanks.
  • Options
    no worries anymore, i just ended it for good with her.
  • Options
    So what happened? Are you still going to live there and be friends?