Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tennis!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
who all enjoys tennis here? i personally think that Andy Roddick is quite a good tennis player, and i think it's gettign a bit boring now with roger federer winning the whole time, he's an excellent player and i have sooo much respect for him but it gets a bit boring after a while with him winning most of the tournements don't you think?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I dont like watching it, but I like playing it.
  • Options
    i love playing it! i wish i could go pro but i don't think it will happen
  • Options
    I played for a few years and got quite good at it, until i stopped playing, sadly enough... have picked up on badminton and been playing for a long qhile, am really progressing rapidly. I look forward to this fresh term where i shall open many cans of whoopass! :razz:
  • Options
    I like to watch it sometimes. Yeh it's a bit shit the federer is just so good and wins everything. I suppose his only 'weakness' is on clay but then again, those tournaments are usually the most boring.
  • Options
    I played for a few years and got quite good at it, until i stopped playing, sadly enough... have picked up on badminton and been playing for a long qhile, am really progressing rapidly. I look forward to this fresh term where i shall open many cans of whoopass! :razz:

badminton and cans of whoopass in the same sentence!! :shocking:

On a serious note, I prefer the women's tennis at the moment, much more exciting...
    Like you said, men's tennis is getting a bit stale... even with Murray despearately trying to be better than he is!
    Oh and Ana Ivanovic...damn!!:yes:
  • Options
    k well i actually find the mens game much more exciting, the women are just slow for my taste, i like fast paced action when i play tennis and that's how i like to watch it aswell! what can i say, i'm a fast paced girl, and i like fast paced guys...
  • Options
    robz wrote:
    k well i actually find the mens game much more exciting, the women are just slow for my taste, i like fast paced action when i play tennis and that's how i like to watch it aswell! what can i say, i'm a fast paced girl, and i like fast paced guys...

You are right about the pace, but the plaers are all quite equal at many areas at the moment, there's no young players I can say that are really catching my eye.

And female tennis has grown quite a lot in terms of speed lately ... influx of fast paced girls perhaps!
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    You are right about the pace, but the plaers are all quite equal at many areas at the moment, there's no young players I can say that are really catching my eye.

And female tennis has grown quite a lot in terms of speed lately ... influx of fast paced girls perhaps!

well... perhaps you are right about that last point of yours. I think most young players come in just to prove apoint to people, and then think that because they've "made it" in their own terms they think that they can sit back and relax and let all the wins come to them which is not the right mind set to have, if you want something, you have to work towards it, and never give up, i think that there's always room for improvement!
  • Options
    robz wrote:
    well... perhaps you are right about that last point of yours. I think most young players come in just to prove apoint to people, and then think that because they've "made it" in their own terms they think that they can sit back and relax and let all the wins come to them which is not the right mind set to have, if you want something, you have to work towards it, and never give up, i think that there's always room for improvement!

Maybe because most young players, male and female are nowadays in it just for the money and since you can keep earning money even when you are losing...
    Maybe there are select few that want to be the best in the sport... but I am not convinced.
  • Options
    well the top few are very convincing, they are always striving for top spot, i think that if you've got the mind set you can actually reach the top with enough practice etc. and it's not quite true with the money pouring in even if you're loosing, their sponsers want to see results and if they don't get the results they like they will pull their sponsership...
  • Options
    What I meant was that you can lead quite a good life as a tennis player without ever reaching any finals...
  • Options
    yeah guess so but still not as good as the one you can have while winning games
  • Options
    You gotta play the percentages in life...
    Some people like to be floating in obscurity while being quite comfortable.

Bring back McEnroe!!!
  • Options
    yeah right on!
  • Options
    I think we should feel priviledged that we get to witness a great like Federer at the top of his game.
  • Options
    yeah it is quite an honour but it still does get boring after a while!