Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Problems with trolls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just to say we are looking into the recent troll problem, and will be doing everything we can to prevent the situation occuring again. Naturally it's difficult with the ease of which people can cover their IP address, but we will do everything we can to deal with the problem.

And thanks again to everyone who has reported problems - it makes our job a lot easier.

Comments

• Options
    It would be lovely if he got a visit from the police and his mummy confiscated his computer :-).

Good job deleting all the posts though, Despite his posts he must have some kind of brain, so i'm sure he'll get bored soon.
  • Options
    It's a shame you couldn't ban proxies but then you'd be banning legit people because some major ISPs use transparent proxies like NTL & BT.

Might have an idea though....
  • Options
    Well I'm sure the police could go the anonymouse or wherever he comes from and threaten them for his IP information, it does say in their T&C that it may not be used for illegal purposes.

But good job on deleting his posts, I can't understand why someone would go to so much trouble to cause hassle for others.
  • Options
    Well monocrat is thick-skinned I'll give him that.
  • Options
    disassociative is what I'd say - he doesn't really see the internet as full of real people, but enough of that - it only strokes his ego to see himself talked about.
  • Options
    I was impressed to see the speed with which things got deleted, even really late at night thanks to Jim and Helen.
  • Options
    That's because jim never sleeps
  • Options
    He eats trolls for breakfast.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    MrG wrote:
    That's because jim never sleeps
    True.dat