Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Financial help for pregnant students

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Does anyone have any advice about wot my entitlements would be? Having contacted the Benefits Agency and SAAS both passed the buck to the other. I'm due July which is outside term time and I'm expected to live on maternity payments of £50 per week 'til I either go back to uni for my honours year or go back to work in October (or get a new job).
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Sorry i don't know the anaswer but if you do find out can you leave me a message please. My Best mates due in August but the place she works doesn't have her on the books properly (well they just added her now) which means she doesn't have enough stamps to be paid maternity leave thus shes going back to work 2 weeks later (as if). I'm trying to find out for her and i'll let you know if i get anything.
  • Options
    I've sent you an email to pass on tho your frien Kat. The attatchment spells out all Government aid, but I'm still no wiser to whether its the Government, my part time employer or uni who will be helping me. It's too confusing and no-one gives a straight answer!
  • Options
    lovedup wrote:
    Does anyone have any advice about wot my entitlements would be? Having contacted the Benefits Agency and SAAS both passed the buck to the other. I'm due July which is outside term time and I'm expected to live on maternity payments of £50 per week 'til I either go back to uni for my honours year or go back to work in October (or get a new job).
    I'm at uni and pregnant and cant find out what I'm entitled to and by who. I found this message from you and I know it was a few years ago but was wondering if you could give me some advice as to who to ask and where to go.

D
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I found this message from you and I know it was a few years ago but was wondering if you could give me some advice as to who to ask and where to go.

D

Erm unfortunately probably not because the users in question haven't been around for a fair while now. It's often worth just starting your own thread - but it's fine for now ;)

You might find the government's benefits and financial support factsheets helpful :)

ETA: it's also worth going to your local Citizens Advice Bureau. Hope this helps.