Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Microsoft Word

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive just got a new desktop, and i don't have any microsoft stuff. I really need microsoft word for my work, but i dunno how to get it. The website doesn't really make much sense.

Any help?

Comments

• Options
    Unless it did'nt come with any CD's with it on or you have a copy your out of luck unless you downloadit

But i never told you that:thumb:
  • Options
    Certain multimedia stores have offers, e.g. the microsoft office package, which comes with word, powerpoint, excel and outlook... It costs a bit though but it's worth it. The one i got was the 2003 versions, i bet there's a new, more fresher one out there.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    www.openoffice.org

It does as much as word, and it's for free. And yes, it can save in .doc form, readable by Word.
  • Options
    www.openoffice.org

It does as much as word, and it's for free. And yes, it can save in .doc form, readable by Word.
    :yes:

but if you had it on your old PC, don't you have a copy on disc you could use?
    if not, download it or buy a pirated version from eBay for a few quid - make sure it comes with a key, unless you already have one.
    if you want the official MS office suite / just a standalone version of software like word, remember that the 2007 version should be out soon (updated from 2003), so office 2003 should be available at reduced prices soon.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    The website doesn't really make much sense.
    :lol: well... thats microsoft for you! incidentally, i hate microsoft.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    otter wrote:
    :lol: well... thats microsoft for you! incidentally, i hate microsoft.
    Hug? :D:p