Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Have I broken my nose in an odd way?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A friend accidently lent on my face (as you do) whilst we were watching a film. It crunched, and now the cartilidge in the fleshy but of my nose feels completely soft and patchy - there's no resisitance to me manipulating it (and rotating it round and round) and there is pain (kind of aches and numbness too, if the two things aren't mutually exclusive, it's difficult to describe) I rang GP, nurse said just add ice if it swells, I think she thought it was just a little bump.

It just feels so odd, like loose flappy skin instead of my nose!! :confused:

Comments

• Options
    If you have they don't do anything about it for a couple of weeks anyway, like the nurse said ice it if it swells and if you're still worried about it on Tuesday get it checked out.

My brother smashed his (and there was no question that this one was broken). A and E checked that he wasn't suffering from the blood loss (bled everywhere) and said come back in 10 days and it'll get taken from there. Initally there's too much soft tissue, cartilage and swelling mess for them to do anything constructive with it.
  • Options
    do get it checked out properly. but in the mean time ice it.