Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Too short hair :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The hairdresser cut my hair too short :crying: I have a horrible bob thing yeeacchhhhhhhh :no: *CRIES* I'm gonna look so stupid in the xmas photos it doesn't suit me at all! cack!!!!

:impissed:

Comments

• Options
    Oh no :(

I don't trust hairdressers for entirely this reason. I always tell them I want it a few inches longer than I actually do, to leave them a bit of wiggle room.

Anyhow, after a few days when you have learned how to work it and the shock wears off it is never as bad as you first thought :)
  • Options
    well i always go for the wiggle room but then it ends up not what I want! I've had it cut since friday so I've given it the time to get used to it but its still too short. GRRR I look stupid. Rahh rant at hairdressers
  • Options
    I had my hair cut yesterday and it's shorter than I wanted it. She was one of those 'we can't leave you with THOSE split ends' type of stylist - the one that doesn't listen when you say you DON'T WANT ANY OFF THE LENGTH.

I officially hate hairdressers. Even the ones that lull you into a false sense of security when they tell you they're not a scissor happy hairdresser when they ALL ARE :mad:
  • Options
    Bah :impissed:
  • Options
    Well go on then, wheres the picture ;) I'm sure its not that bad.
  • Options
    Haha no pic until I figure how to make it look less the 60's schoolboy and more...well...normal
  • Options
    Oh go on show us a pic :p
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    kangoo wrote:
    Haha no pic until I figure how to make it look less the 60's schoolboy and more...well...normal

Aw :( that's happened to me before. Maybe funk it up with some wax and hair accessories?
  • Options
    Have some of my hair *gives*. She didn't cut it short enough >.<.
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    The hairdresser cut my hair too short :crying: I have a horrible bob thing yeeacchhhhhhhh :no: *CRIES* I'm gonna look so stupid in the xmas photos it doesn't suit me at all! cack!!!!

:impissed:

If it makes you feel any better, i have recently had a similar experience. I asked for a bob ala posh (or similar!) and not only did she cut it shorter than i asked, she hacked at the back and one side is graduated while the other is a blunt straight across cut. Neither side is the same length either, i've already razored off all the longer straggly bits.

I look like a fat faced twat, especially as i had lovely long hair to begin with :crying:
  • Options
    scared now!:nervous:

im having a big restyle on friday! my first one in about 5 years as i have just been letting it grow for ages!

Im really protective about my hair!! Its really long and id be very upset if she took too much off.....im going to say i want it about an inch longer then i want arent i!
  • Options
    hair dressers never seem to get it right for me. I take in pictures but when they finished my hair looks totally different! I'd love to have it short, but i'm sure they'd just fuck it up.
  • Options
    I had my hair cut the other day, i asked for 2 inches off - i think she took more like 3. I still like it though....i always let mine get quite long before i have it cut.

Tbh, it's more noticable when you have hair thats unstyled/grown out and just left to it's own devices rather than shorter hair that you don't like.
  • Options
    I chopped all my hair off t'other day, really pretty darn short. I had an uh oh moment but now I've realised it looks pretty darn ACE. lol
  • Options
    I find the problem often lies when you say how many inches you want off - I've started putting my finger at the length I want to show them instead, an haven't had any disasters since.